Options
2»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It looks like you do have equity in the house

Also your debts are 19k including the car loan.

And £200 surplus looks about right given that you won't be adding to an emergency fund while insolvent.

A debt management plan would take 8 years. An IVA 6 years if you have to do another year rather than remortgage in the fifth year.

Just a matter off picking the right IP now.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    thank you
    ye i ad abit of equirty 10% of my house as a deposit but ive recently got a fixed 5 year agreement on the morgage
    and as regards to the car i have option paying company 17500 back 50% of the finance
    or sellin to a dealer this would be the btr option but still. would owe around the 10k mark. is this still classed as unsecured debts as it its pcp

also what are my chances of creditors accepting my proposal of 200ish payments
    sorry for questions just im having sleepnights about this and constantly worrying
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Mullery wrote: »
    thank you
    ye i ad abit of equirty 10% of my house as a deposit but ive recently got a fixed 5 year agreement on the morgage
    and as regards to the car i have option paying company 17500 back 50% of the finance
    or sellin to a dealer this would be the btr option but still. would owe around the 10k mark. is this still classed as unsecured debts as it its pcp

also what are my chances of creditors accepting my proposal of 200ish payments
    sorry for questions just im having sleepnights about this and constantly worrying
    As long as you're not trying to keep the car, whatever remains will be an unsecured debt.

An IVA at £200 on 19k of debt is better than a lot of creditors will see.

Make sure you talk to more than one insolvency practitioner. There's no definite best provider but you'll get a feel about what it will be like to work with them over the next 6 years.
  • System
    Options
    thank u pal
    if i would include my wifes debts and our joint loan
    would dmp be an option
    n would it be abit more lenient on the budget
    ie budget for a small holiday and stuff
  • fatbelly
    Options
    It's possible. We don't have the figures for the joint loan and the 'wife loan'?

When will the family loan get paid off at £50 per month?

On the figures we've got, a dmp would take a lot longer but going for a joint solution might bring the plan length down.

It might be worth talking to Stepchange and Payplan as both these can do fee-free dmps and also IVAs (with the usual fees)
  • System
    Options
    hi sorry i included it in the budget plannet
    we have
    18knloan joint 300 amonth
    6k loan wifes 100
    and i owe my mum 13k which i pay 50 amonth

i dont mind mind going into a dmp all together with the wife and i dont bother me how long just as long has ita flexible so i can go on holiday buy things etc
    i plan to learn from
    this and never get credit again

is dmp route a more flexible budget than iva like or is it just the same like
    thank you again from replayin����
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 April 2019 at 4:01PM
    Options
    Mullery wrote: »
    hi sorry i included it in the budget plannet
    we have
    18knloan joint 300 amonth
    6k loan wifes 100
    and i owe my mum 13k which i pay 50 amonth

i dont mind mind going into a dmp all together with the wife and i dont bother me how long just as long has ita flexible so i can go on holiday buy things etc
    i plan to learn from
    this and never get credit again

is dmp route a more flexible budget than iva like or is it just the same like
    thank you again from replayin����

I think you need to get these ideas completely out of your mind for the forseeable future.

DMP could last for decades - IVA will only last 6 or 7 years max.

I would VT the car now, and stop paying your debts.
    £50 a month for a £13,000 loan from your Mum - 21 years to pay off - REALLY ?
    Not sure if the joint loan can be added as your Wife is jointly liable - so may as well stick her loan and the joint one on the IVA as well.

Both of your credit files will be trash for 7 years - may as well start the clock ticking now.
  • System
    Options
    ye but my mum knows i wont pay her back im just offerin to give her something
    and ye u make sense dont bother dmp
    credit wise am not botherd a never plan to take credit for rest of our lives
    onli fing what will both me if i cant get the best i trest rates on my morgage when deal ends
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure