Hilton Honors hacked

Options
Hello all,
I got an email from the Hilton honors with a invoice receipt for a stay at a hotel in the states which wasn’t me. The invoice has my name and address on it. I am concerned my HO account was hacked and someone in America has taken out credit in my name. All the numbers on the invoice are American toll numbers that don’t work from uk. So I ‘spoke ‘ with the virtual assistant on Hilton website and she sent a email through saying they would suspend the account. The account is not suspended but I have changed the password. The hotel stay is still showing. I have tried to look at my Experian credit file to check nothing is amiss but it refused me access! I think because I answered a question wrong as put down wrong length of time for a utility bill but not sure it was the monthly report one via MSE that I tried. MSE emailed you say it would let me know in 2 days the outcome. Has this happened to anyone else? Will I eventually get access ???
Just want to make sure someone’s not taken out credit in my name in the US..

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    if someone in the USA had used your details and obtained credit in the USA , would this show on a UK credit report

answer ,,,,,,,,, no
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I got an email from the Hilton honors with a invoice receipt for a stay at a hotel in the states which wasn’t me. The invoice has my name and address on it. I am concerned my HO account was hacked and someone in America has taken out credit in my name.
    Can't say I follow that logic so imagine that your speculative thread title is rather overdramatised!

Personally I'd suspect that it's far more likely that someone has made a typo when entering an account number (or similar) and the admin error will be readily correctable, but start with a complaint to Hilton and take it from there....
  • whatwasithinking
    whatwasithinking Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 January 2020 at 8:10PM
    Options
    I hope your right what worried me was The virtual assistant said that booking was made in my name. But maybe best case scenario it is a admin error when the person checked in
    Also on app there are links to applying for credit
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Could just be miss selection of HH membership number on check in.
  • Westminster
    Westminster Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Savvy Shopper! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    When my HO account was hacked they cleared out my points but didn’t stay anywhere.

Hilton rectified this in about 30 mins and issued a new account with the previous balance restored.
  • whatwasithinking
    Options
    Thanks westminister I will try ringing them instead of waiting on email update. The numbers on the email are American so I will see if I can find an English number for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure