Regal Agency London/ UK

Options
A quick warning about Regal Agency London/ UK

Website - http://regal.agency/

Contracted to provide staff for weddings and events.

The company does not exist and all monies are wired outside of the UK.

The address and contact details are also false.

The company is registered with companies house, but again with false details.

Currently being investigated, but also taking money from people daily in the meantime. :mad:

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The fact that all of their WHOIS data is REDACTED FOR PRIVACY would ring huge alarm bells with me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 October 2018 at 11:14AM
    Options
    You can guess, we didn't check until after. I just didn't see the need at first, and paid them. Only when they failed to attend did I look into them and find this. I wanted to make a post with a hope that when people google them, they will also find this warning. As there is very little info or warnings {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}, only when you search the IP address do you find the info, which most people will not do. Thanks :-)
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you pay them by card or cash?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bank transfer by BACS
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    assj wrote: »
    Bank transfer by BACS

Is this a Business to Business transaction? Because retail banking customers are not able to use BACS as a payment method.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    People don't usually randomly look for/find negative posts about a company and then sign up to a forum to make a positive comment, particularly when the thread is almost 4 months old and wouldn't be randomly come across ... unless they're involved with said company.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 October 2018 at 11:21AM
    Options
    STEVEWATTS wrote: »
    Just seen this, Used the agency about 2 years ago for an exhibition at the Excel in London and they provided our staff with no fuss and just used them recently for the LuxLive show and did not have any issues. I am not here to defend the company so I cannot comment on your experience assj but we have not had any problems with the company. The first time I did not ask to see the staff profiles but the second time I did and of the 4 we selected, 3 of them turned up and a replacement for the 4th.

Funny you've just used them for the luxlive show as that's not till november.
    They are very keen to promote themselves as somehow linked to the Excel and even say one if their offices is near the Excel..

{Personal details removed by MSE Forum Team} , Nigerian , British national allegedly.
    {Personal details removed by MSE Forum Team}
    CEO of above " company"

See also moferra

https://mobile.twitter.com/frankholiday

All the addresses are rent by the hour type offices
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Strangely we have been contacted and threatened as a result of this post.

Feeling glad I posted it now. Obviously as per above the so called company have found it.

The truth hurts, but you cannot do anything about the truth. Be aware of who you speak to as it seems they joined the forums.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure