IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Demand for payment but no ticket issued

Options
On Friday I recieved a demand for payment from CMS UK Ltd for a parking ticket they claim was issued on 13/12/08 at Robin Retail Park in Wigan, for exceeding parking time limit. At no stage was aparking ticket issued (stuck on my car) also on that day I was not the driver of the vehicle. I have written and stated that no ticket was issued and therefore this reminder notice must have been issued in error and have asked them nit to contact me again I am assuming this will not be enough. Any advice as I have no evidence that the ticket was issued in the first place.

Comments

• Mark_Hewitt
    Mark_Hewitt Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    Options
    I'm no expert but I'd suggest reading through the many theads on this forum on this very topic. The consensus seems to be that you need write to them stating that you were not the driver, which they will duly ignore, after that, ignore them.
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    I have some advice for you. IGNORE THEM.

I had a ticket from them a few years ago for exactly the same thing at Robin Park (God, I miss Wigan) They sent a few letters, more threatening every time, but eventually they went away, don't get suckered in to paying this, keep your wallet/purse in your pocket/handbag...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure