IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SIP Wrong Reg PCN

Options
Hey All!

I've read the newbies thread however, a little over my head (forgive me).

I had entered my old cars registration number in for the online payment of parking to return (2 days parking) to two physical PCNs :(. I have proof of paid parking for the old reg of course.

I jumped the gun and appealed only to receive a rejection email from them, i've also been informed me they do not have ANPR at the location.

Next steps? £60 per PCN or appeal via IAS although i can see i'm not to bother with them?

Anyones help would be majorly welcomed.

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    If they were to take this to court they might struggle. Many judges regard these wrong VRN claims as a trifle, and the Law does not concern itself with trifles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_minimis

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future..
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Next steps??

Ignore everything unless or until you receive a Letter of Claim or official court correspondence.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Next steps? £60 per PCN or appeal via IAS although i can see i'm not to bother with them?
    Please can we ban the question ''what's my next step?'' re an IPC firm, until LBC or claim stage?

I thought the NEWBIES thread made it clear where I say not to try IAS and sit tight till court claim stage? Does it need clarifying?

We cannot keep answering threads about ''what do I do next'' at a stage where you do nothing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    What do you expect cm when 50% of the population have a below average I.Q.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • finnthehuman
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!

in regards to the newbies post - it doesn't need clarifying however it does provide a "template" response for the initial appeal of which i was unaware of and so i wondered if the "do nothing" phase still applies even though i had responded and not done down the correct route..

Anyhow!... will do nothing for the time being
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    its simple (for England & Wales)

for BPA MEMBERS , you appeal to the PPC with the blue text template , then you appeal to POPLA once a code has been obtained

after that you do nothing until an LBC and/or MCOL arrives, at which point you deal with them (meanwhile you ignore the debt collectors and begging letters)

and

for IPC MEMBERS , you appeal to the PPC with the blue text template , then you ignore (see the next point below)

so after that you do nothing until an LBC and/or MCOL arrives, at which point you deal with them (meanwhile you have ignored the debt collectors and begging letters)

so for SIP, its the latter

this is until the government change the system of course (which carries on in 2 days time)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure