Uninsured Vehicle - Hit and Run

Options
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and hope I found the right one.

My insurance ran out a couple of days ago as I was leaving for my holiday.

The idiot that I am thought it'd be smart to save a few pounds by only insuring the car once I'm back from holiday.

I didn't register it as Sorn either as that wouldn't make sense for 2 weeks.

Now I'm back, and I noticed someone hit the front right of my car, on private property.

I saw there is MiB which can help with hit and run cases, but I guess my case is slightly different as my car wasn't insured and it was on private property.

I'm hoping someone can advise?

I understand that it was my stupidity for not insuring my car straight away, so I'd appreciate it if no one wastes their time on explaining that to me. :D

Thank you!

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    If your car wasn't insured and you have no details about who hit you then there is no one to claim against. I'm afraid that you are out of luck.
  • Zorillo
    Zorillo Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You're on your own on this one, unless you can find any witnesses to the accident or CCTV.
  • Dangermac
    Dangermac Posts: 557 Forumite
    Options
    Piri1339 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum and hope I found the right one.

My insurance ran out a couple of days ago as I was leaving for my holiday.

The idiot that I am thought it'd be smart to save a few pounds by only insuring the car once I'm back from holiday.

I didn't register it as Sorn either as that wouldn't make sense for 2 weeks.

Now I'm back, and I noticed someone hit the front right of my car, on private property.

I saw there is MiB which can help with hit and run cases, but I guess my case is slightly different as my car wasn't insured and it was on private property.

I'm hoping someone can advise?

I understand that it was my stupidity for not insuring my car straight away, so I'd appreciate it if no one wastes their time on explaining that to me. :D

Thank you!

To make a claim from the MIB, for property damage (as opposed to injury), you need to be able to identify the vehicle that hit you

In the absence of that information, there will be no-one to claim from except any policy that you personally hold.

DM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport