Santander: new login details

Options
Has anyone else been asked to enter extra details on their Santander accounts after login?
I've been asked to put in a password and a security number but try as I might I can get them accepted.
It just says 'Something went wrong, try again' but doesn't tell me what went wrong. I'm sure the password and number comply with their rules but I just can't get them accepted.

Anybody had any luck with it?

Comments

• originator
    originator Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yes I have since last week they have been asking for an extra answer from my security questions.I did query it in branch but they couldn't explain it.Still ongoing every time I log in.
    mortgage free 3/10/12:)
  • originator
    Options
    forgot to say, each time it is telling me ,we don't recognise this computer(been the same for donkey's)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am not aware of new / additional login details. I log in several times daily, online and through the app (fingerprint authentication on the latter).
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have just tried to set up a new password under the new online system and get the same message. Like you I am sure my new password complies with their very strong rules but still cannot get through. I may leave the new system for now and try and log in under the old one if it will let me.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    originator wrote: »
    yes I have since last week they have been asking for an extra answer from my security questions.I did query it in branch but they couldn't explain it.Still ongoing every time I log in.

When you log in to Santander's website for the first time from a web browser you're asked an additional security question.

After you answer it correctly a 'cookie' is stored on your device and you're not asked to answer the question again when you use that specific web browser.

If you're deleting 'cookies' regularly you'll be asked the additional security question (sometimes) when you log in to Santander's website.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK - just tried again and they've been accepted.

Now, when I try to login, it asks for 3 characters from the password and 3 digits from the security number.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    Options
    not another new system? I only just upgraded the App !

And its seams to crash when you goto my offers
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A couple of days ago I had trouble logging in. It sometimes asks me extra security questions if it thinks I'm using a different computer, such as when I've cleared cookies or rebooted my router
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A couple of days ago I had trouble logging in. It sometimes asks me extra security questions if it thinks I'm using a different computer, such as when I've cleared cookies or rebooted my router
    assuming you are on a PC: if you use ccleaner to delete your cookies, you can set it up so it keeps the Santander cookies.
  • originator
    Options
    thanks for the help but i have never to my knowledge cleared a cookie my life lol,the only thing that coincided with the change was an update i was nagged into doing(safari).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport