ESA Help

Options
Hi,

I cannot seem to find a definative answer on this.
I have been accepted for a backdated ESA contribution based claim but the amount they have suggested seems wrong to me.
After the 28 weeks where SSP means you can't claim, I was paid company sick pay for roughly 3 and a half months. Am i entitled to the full £73ish from the end of the SSP while still receiving company sick pay?

Thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 August 2018 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Yes you are entitled to ESA at the same time as occupational sick pay. However you cannot backdate your ESA claim for more than 3 months. So if you claimed 3 and a half months after your SSP ended I would still only expect you to get 3 months of backdating. Important point to note is that, after you have been assessed, if you are put in the Support Group you will be entitled to extra money from the 14th week of your claim which is effectively the date you claimed if you have had the full backdating. The extra money should therefore be backdated to this date.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure