Disability and Dosh!

Options
What's the idea behind this title with "Dosh" in it? When I first saw it in the forums list to say the least I was confused and then somewhat annoyed.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the title had the same problem as you have with your user name, nobody could think of a name and the title couldn't be agreed with so went out onto a public debate, the most popular of which was the title it ended up with.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    why were you annoyed? It's about money saving specific to people with disabilities and long term illnesses - there's things that those people need to buy etc etc that are specific to their conditions that someone who isn't disabled wouldn't
    If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What's the idea behind this title with "Dosh" in it? When I first saw it in the forums list to say the least I was confused and then somewhat annoyed.

The board has been set up to help people, I'm sure it wasn't the intention to annoy anyone.;)

Why don't you tell us your suggestion for a board name?

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was one of the 'public' voters who liked 'dosh & disability' for the reasons stated in the original thread, I found it amusing. I don't see anything to be annoyed about- dosh is a coloquial version of money & disability speaks for itself. so the threads within this board are to highlight assitance- things that may be of interest to those with a special need.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    Options
    I liked 'Dosh & Disability' I thought it was amusing and we all need a sense of humour to cope with what life throws at us.

I'm not so keen since the name was swapped round, somehow 'Disability & Dosh' just doesn't have the same ring, and kinda makes us sound like scroungers...... or is that just me??
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • kevsam65
    kevsam65 Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options

Wondered how long it would be.:confused:

sam.x
    :T Thanks to all the comps posters :T
  • savingforarainyday
    Options
    Hi, I have just been lurking around for a bit, and this title thing has run a bit. I liked "Dosh and Disability". It has a ring to it and I think the otherway around it puts disability out there like a big badge, that maybe not everyone is confortable with.

People are always going to have "an opinion" about benefits for people with disabilities and their carers, but I for one don't care if people get insulting I am just not interested now, it is their problem not mine. I am too busy.

At the end of the day "Dosh" money is important to all of us, or we wouldn't be here, so I don't see why as a group we should be any more or less sensitive about the title than anyone else..

My finances are work in progress.
    Normal veiwing will resume shortly
  • septemberblues
    Options
    I think "Disability and Dosh" is a great name, disability needs to be first if someone uses a search engine, and I'm really pleased to come on here today and see all the new threads!

Long live Disability and Dosh :p
    KEEP CALM AND keep taking the tablets :cool2:
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    Options
    The important thing is that there is now somewhere that people with disabilities and chronic illnesses - and their carers and families - can go to share information about moneysaving issues.

The name is just a bit of tongue in cheek fun... so flex your smile muscles and come and join us :D
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am disabled & I certainly dont have a problem with the name.
    I have other things to worry about TBH.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure