Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Options
    s4mmy wrote: »
    Evening everyone. Just wondered if any of the Elite can give me some advice regarding Manchester airport. We need to pick dd up from terminal 3 and not sure where to park.
    Thanks xx

If my memory is correct... tell your DD to go up to DEPARTURES and u go up to DEPARTURES in your car and wait for her there at the DROP OFF area... but you will need to stay in the car so tell DD to walk out and wait for u.

this will save u having to park and pay the rip off charges..
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    3 for £10 on receipt but £3 on APG

Just saying:)

1x Tassimo 8 L'Or Espresso Latte Macchiato Pods (267g) £3.00 £4.50
    1x Tassimo 8 Cadbury Hot Chocolate Pods (240g) £3.00 £4.00
    1x Tassimo 8 Kenco Cappuccino Pods (260g) £3.00 £4.00

Staff discount maybe
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,007 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 January 2018 at 11:15PM
    Options
    thry9698 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just been reading your views on Android Pay. I think it’s linked to the device even with factory reset I couldn’t add a new account. I have managed to get one using a new gmail, same card on my Samsung tablet - you can’t use this to pay with but I set up the new account with the tap and pay showing then signed in on my A3 which the previous account had been on. I hope this makes sense. I suppose a cheap android with at least 4.4( to download android pay) would work to set up an account even with no nfc as once the account is set up then sign in on a phone with nfc.
    Thanks for this.

So do you see the envelopes offer on the non-nfc device and then find that it then works on the previously used nfc phone? Do you have to remove or reinstall anything from the previously used nfc phone or simply add the second google account?

Edit: I see pizza express £5 mains O2 is back, can these be combined with the droid vouchers? In the past you could certainly use the o2 mains then pay with a pizza express gift card as they simply gave a smaller bill rather than counting as an offer.
    lesliejack wrote: »
    thanks for all the help with our FURBY CONNECT
    they do much more than the old ones used to, hence the battery use
    rechargeables are generally lower voltage in this country, and we need 1.5v. Have had a scout round but not really found any in this country (only 1200 mAh and we ideally need 2500mAh)
    the rate we are using batteries it will be cheaper to go to USA and get the 1.5v we need. xx
    We had this with a meccano meccanoid, tried using rechargeables plus convertor (aa to c cell) but 4.8v was not enough. WE were able to buy a large rechargeable 6v 'camping battery' charged by a car charger as the robot has space to mount it and wire that into the battery connections but I suspect the aesthetics of the furby would not be improved with this approach....
    I think....
  • Glyndwr_2
    Glyndwr_2 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Elljay wrote: »
    Good Morning All
    I've just seen the Toby Carvery 40% off mains coupon on the main site - can anyone confirm that we can use them with the dining cards from the Android Pay?
    Yes, you can use both & if you don't spend the full £10, the remainder stays on the 'card'. You can also still get your turkey stamp for your carvey on the app.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Thanks for this.

So do you see the envelopes offer on the non-nfc device and then find that it then works on the previously used nfc phone? Do you have to remove or reinstall anything from the previously used nfc phone or simply add the second google account?

I've today added 3 more VISA accounts today using different phones/tablets and now have them on my regular phone which the 2 original VISA and HSBC accounts are/were on. Perfect timing as my 2nd VISA expired this eve and my HSBC expires in a week.

Yes you see them on the non-NFC you set them up on and then on the NFC phone which I did not touch.

Looks like I'm going to well exceed the target I had set myself :D
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 January 2018 at 11:32PM
    Options
    lesliejack wrote: »
    thanks for all the help with our FURBY CONNECT
    they do much more than the old ones used to, hence the battery use
    rechargeables are generally lower voltage in this country, and we need 1.5v. Have had a scout round but not really found any in this country (only 1200 mAh and we ideally need 2500mAh)
    the rate we are using batteries it will be cheaper to go to USA and get the 1.5v we need. xx

We got decently priced rechargeable batteries 2500mah from 7dayshop previously, which worked well with power hungry toys.

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    thry9698 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just been reading your views on Android Pay. I think it’s linked to the device even with factory reset I couldn’t add a new account. I have managed to get one using a new gmail, same card on my Samsung tablet - you can’t use this to pay with but I set up the new account with the tap and pay showing then signed in on my A3 which the previous account had been on. I hope this makes sense. I suppose a cheap android with at least 4.4( to download android pay) would work to set up an account even with no nfc as once the account is set up then sign in on a phone with nfc.

Interesting - a few have reported getting it again on the same device so it is working out what they are doing differently. I am trying to keep track of the different variations of email address I have used while testing :eek:. I may just revert to the old add a number st the end and work up from there :D.

Anon
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    We got decent price rechargeable batteries 2500mah from 7dayshop previously.

HTH

Anon

I like 7dayshop, tend to get any memory cards from there! Got a powerbank from there for Christmas for my son for a good price too.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Anon
    Options
    I've today added 3 more VISA accounts today using different phones/tablets and now have them on my regular phone which the 2 original VISA and HSBC accounts are/were on. Perfect timing as my 2nd VISA expired this eve and my HSBC expires in a week.

Yes you see them on the non-NFC you set them up on and then on the NFC phone which I did not touch.

Looks like I'm going to well exceed the target I had set myself :D

Did you use all the same details apart from the email address or change anything? Same card?

Many thanks

Anon
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Did you use all the same details apart from the email address or change anything? Same card?

Many thanks

Anon

I opted for new e-mails/new cards for each one. Having 26 current accounts helps with the cards ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure