Insurance needs renewing for buildings and content

Options
I need to renew my insurance foro buildings and contents. Please can anybody suggests a good company with competive price. Thanks.

Comments

• payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whats good for one situation/postcode is not always good for another

read
    http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Insurance;action=display;num=1088369191

try moneysupermarket, and also look at some of the direct companies, and broker only companies (paymentshield) that may not be listed on that comparison site
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Marylee, I know only too well what its like searching for good, economical insurance :-/ I found this company last year and they offered me great terms at EXTREMELY good rates. I haven't had my renewal in yet, so who knows maybe they have increased a lot ::) but its worth trying them, and BLISS when I phoned them you get a HUMAN being immediately :D
    Ashdown Partnership (they use Payment Shield) I spoke to a Kay Parker
    Tel: 0870 300 0097
    Fax 0870 300 0098
    email ashdown.partners@btinternet.com

Good luck and let me know how you got on
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • Ivor_Headache
    Options
    Hi Marylee,

If you haven't already sorted out your insurance, give Barclays a try. Sounds absolutely off the wall I know, but we are just about to move and they gave us a quote. I could not believe it. Last time we had some insurance with them, they were about three times as expensive as their competitors.

However, it seems as thought thev'e got their act together. They were the cheapest quote we had for buildings, contents and personal possesions, (inc valuables away from the home). the best part of the policy is that you don't have to work out how much your contents are worth. There is no upper limit.

Good luck
  • marylee
    marylee Posts: 497 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, it's all sorted out. It was between Saga and Lloyds TSB. In the end, I got the insurance with Saga as I had a 15% discount for a first-timer and 10% for doing it online. I think, I will need to shop round again for next year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure