To raw feed or not to raw feed?

Options
1235»

Comments

• ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    The 5 cases of cats (as at Dec18) diagnosed with intestinal TB had all been fed on the same commercial frozen raw food.

In contrast, the BVA has published a paper that states "Over 1 per cent of all routine histopathological submissions from UK cats are found to have changes consistent with mycobacteriosis, which is thought to be an underestimate of the true prevalence"

Mycobacteria in cats: an update
    Conor O'Halloran and Danielle Gunn-Moore
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,737 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just posted this on another feeding thread (copied it word for word):

definately look into raw feeding (sorry, i havent read all the earlier replies), we buy ours pre-mixed and packaged from Natural Instinct, we switched our 8 year old cavalier spaniel onto it about 4 years ago (after realising how much rubbish they put into dry/kibble). She's like a puppy all over again, more energy, her weights dropped right back, her coat is better, teeth better, she hasnt once blown off since being on it (she was on Bakers for a while before we realised how rubbish it was, and she STANK daily from her bottom)

I cant recommend raw highly enough, I'd never feed dry/kibble again. Also look into a small pea sized amount of Golden Paste (again, can buy it ready made) as a preventative measure for all its health benefits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure