Flooring

Options
Hello everyone,

Have searched previous forum posts and couldn't find anything on this so here goes:

We need an entire house flooring. We are having carpet upstairs and lvt downstairs. I cannot believe how expensive carpet right, SCS etc. are and we wanted to go local. Problem is they take ages to get back to us. One local company quoted £1500 for carpet including fitting. They said it would take one day to fit. I have found the same carpet and underlay for £700 online. I know they have overheads but £800 for one day!!!

I surprisingly as of yet have found no one to just fit if we buy, why would you on that mark up. Anyone managed to get a fitter, how did you do it?

Comments

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Ask carpet right who they use, just say you already have carpet and are looking for a decent fitter. Colleague did that, bought the carpet online (he did rather underestimate how heavy carpet is when it was unloaded from the lorry) and got the fitter to fit it.

Obviously had to move all his own furniture etc.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure