Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kjbrads18
    • By kjbrads18 21st Feb 19, 11:33 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kjbrads18
    Questions about Forces Help to Buy Scheme
    • 21st Feb 19, 11:33 PM
    Questions about Forces Help to Buy Scheme 21st Feb 19 at 11:33 PM
    Hello!

Me and my boyfriend are wanting to get a house towards the end of the year and heís in the Royal Navy and wanting to use the forces help to buy scheme but we have a few questions.

Can we get a joint mortgage if heís using the forces help to buy scheme, even if weíre not married? This is the main question at the moment as weíre really not sure and canít seem to find a definite answer any where!

My other question is if we can, can I use a help to buy isa alongside his forces help to buy scheme? Iíve seen it stating you canít use help to buy mortgage schemes but nothing about the ISAs?

Any help would be appreciated!
Page 1
    • Joefree
    • By Joefree 25th Feb 19, 9:58 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joefree
    • 25th Feb 19, 9:58 PM
    • 25th Feb 19, 9:58 PM
    Yes and yes.

Me and my GF are buying a house with a joint mortgage using FHTB.

I also looked into using other help to buy schemes in conjunction and you can do it. I’ll try and find the link.
    • Joefree
    • By Joefree 25th Feb 19, 10:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joefree
    • 25th Feb 19, 10:03 PM
    • 25th Feb 19, 10:03 PM
    It wonít let me post the link. But if you google search FHTB itís the second link. Para titled Ďgeneralí
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

562Posts Today

5,592Users online

Martin's Twitter