Scam board games

Options
Not sure if this is the right place anyway just after a bit of advice.

Bought around £80 worth of board games from geekswag.co.uk they have not been delivered but have took payment I have contacted bank but said they can't do much untill the 17th to dispute it.

Contacted trading standards and they basically told me they could not do nothing. Although they did pass over information that there was no address on the site.

Other than that they still operate don't reply to emails have no phone number. It seems people can do what they want and get away with it.

Games were ordered on 28th don't think they will arrive and if they did I have a feeling they will be fake just from the amount of time I have waited.

Looking at trustpiolt it seems as though I am not the only one in this boat. Anything I can do?

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ask a board guide to move this to the Consumer Rights board, you should get a better response.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 December 2019 at 6:40PM
    Options
    Anth040 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place anyway just after a bit of advice.

Bought around £80 worth of board games from geekswag.co.uk they have not been delivered but have took payment I have contacted bank but said they can't do much untill the 17th to dispute it.

Contacted trading standards and they basically told me they could not do nothing. Although they did pass over information that there was no address on the site.

Other than that they still operate don't reply to emails have no phone number. It seems people can do what they want and get away with it.

Games were ordered on 28th don't think they will arrive and if they did I have a feeling they will be fake just from the amount of time I have waited.

Looking at trustpiolt it seems as though I am not the only one in this boat. Anything I can do?
    Why do people give over their money to unknown people?

Question. If I bumped onto you on the street and offered you some tat cheap, would you give me lots of money?

If the answer is no, then that is what you do!

Website is an obvious pop up xmas. Owner unknown, updated October 19!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you paid by credit card you could contact them but the way you talk about the bank makes me fear you didn't take that precaution.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    If you paid by credit card you could contact them but the way you talk about the bank makes me fear you didn't take that precaution.

OP stated £80 worth of games - so no S75 cover.
    Also said 'payment taken' rather than sent so I suggest it probably is a card payment.
    My advice to OP wait until the 30 days (or whatever the bank say it is) and if they have not turned up - telephone the bank's card services ask for a chargeback for goods not received.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Website is an obvious pop up xmas. Owner unknown, updated October 19!

It's not a "popup xmas" as it was first registered in 2016 and Wayback Machine has an archive from Feb 2018.

That's not to say it isn't a scam site, but it's a fair long-lived one.
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ..and as of right now the site is down with a HTTP ERROR 500.

Not encouraging!
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't buy from websites that have no address and phone number contact details - they are breaking trading standards laws. (UK anyway)
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport