Lloyds TSB AD cvr

Options
I recently made a claim for missold ppi after finding statements from my lloyds credit card which contained a monthly charge for Lloyds TSB ad cvr. Lloyds have declined the claim saying they cannot find any PPI on the account but when I rang them they couldn't explain what the charge was for. I recall ringing and cancelling it some years ago but don't recall exactly what it was. I have submitted copies of the statements to them. If this was accidental death cover which I now suspect can I still claim? Where do I go next for help?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can put in a complaint about anything, but you'll need reasons.

Remember you're complaining, not claiming. If you make a claim on Accidental Death Cover, they'll expect you to be dead.
  • Tumpty35
    Options
    Thanks zx81. Good point....I'll be sure to make a complaint rather than a claim!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also if you cancelled the policy more than 3 years ago they can time bar the complaint.

If it was accidental death cover why do you think it was miss-sold or that you should be refunded? Are you immortal?
  • Tumpty35
    Options
    It was cancelled more than 3 years ago but I rarely used the card and had no dependants at the time so it was not something I would have needed or required hence cancelling it when I realised I was paying it. Thanks for the advice.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's highly unlikely you would have accidental death cover for a credit card balance, perhaps setup as cover for something else. Do you know when it was taken out?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tumpty35 wrote: »
    Lloyds have declined the claim saying they cannot find any PPI on the account but when I rang them they couldn't explain what the charge was for. I recall ringing and cancelling it some years ago but don't recall exactly what it was.
    Could it have been Card Protection (CPP)? The boat has well and true sailed on that one.

If, as you suspect, it was accident insurance on what basis do you propose to complain? Are you immune to accidents ?
  • Tumpty35
    Options
    No I’m not immune to accidents but I would have been paid full pay for a minimum of 6moths by my employer so if it was accident cover I would have been unlikely to have needed it. If it wasn’t PPI then I clearly have missed any boat to complain about mis-selling. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tumpty35 wrote: »
    No I’m not immune to accidents but I would have been paid full pay for a minimum of 6moths by my employer so if it was accident cover I would have been unlikely to have needed it.
    You may not have needed accident insurance, but in what way was it mis-sold to you? If you didn't need it, why did you continue paying for it?

The fact is that you really have no idea what this payment was and, like us, are only guessing what it might be. You therefore can't possibly construct a convincing mis-selling complaint. You've already "complained" about PPI you never actually had.

Remember that not every insurance policy was PPI and not even all PPI was mis-sold.

I also doubt your "submission of statements" will cast any further light on what it may have been

Sorry.
  • srsurrey
    Options
    did you have any luck with the ad cover , as I also went through old statements and the same applied,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    srsurrey wrote: »
    did you have any luck with the ad cover
    Old thread.
    However, the answers given back then still apply now. It's not PPI.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure