Green Cards

My car insureance is currently with Direct Line, but they charge £20+ for a Green card. As I go to France 2 to 3 times a year this is starting to get expensive. Are there any companies that offer Free Green Cards? Unfortunately when checking prices on the web this is not something you can put into your search criteria.

Thanks

Barry

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think this is something that you are going to have to check with each company individually unfortunately.

I had one that used to do it for £20 for the year which might suit you better.

It would have been either Tescos or Norwich Union Direct.

Even so unless your insurance is very cheap, then I think you are going to find it still cheaper to get the cheapest quote i.e. those that do the cheapest green card may be more expensive on the main quote by more than the savings you make on the green card.
  • brodev
    brodev Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    If you go abroad for a total of more than 90 days then the only company I know who give free green card is Saga. Unfortuneately you need to be a "wrinkly" to get a quote from them. Quoteline will give you a quote for inclusive green card for up to 90 days.
    Something Really Interesting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport