IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Tower Rd Newquay

Options
Hi guys,
I'm literally totally new to any kind of forum so HUGE apologies if I do this wrong. I've had a letter from Hyundai Finance who we lease our family car from saying they were charging me £15 admin fee for a parking charge at this car park in Newquay. We did park here on 24th March (a month ago!) but definitely paid for a ticket which we don't now have as a month later our car has been cleaned out. We can't remember how long we were there for and how much we paid but we do know that we were waiting for our holiday appt to be ready at 4pm so naturally would have covered ourselves til that time (we are not stupid)
Here's the thing.....Parking Eye haven't written to us yet, all I have is the letter from Hyundai. So a month later....with no contact from Parking Eye where do I stand? I can't ring them....they don't talk, just take the money! I'm feeling robbed! I hope you can help
Thanks in advance (please be aware I'm so new to this so I'd appreciate a bit of hand holding ;-)

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Does the Hyundai letter say they have supplied your name & address to PE?

If so, wait to receive your own 'notice to hirer' (a lessee is effectively, a hirer) then use the appeal for hirers as written by Edna Basher (near the foot f the first post in the NEWBIES FAQS thread).

If not, if Hyundai are just saying 'here's a PCN letter, deal with it or we will pay it next time' then do not wait, and instead submit the usual appeal online to PE (choose 'lessee/hirer' on the drop-down, NOT DRIVER!), to get a POPLA code.

Then at POPLA stage, the hirer/lessee wins, based on the fact PE won't have served a proper NTH.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tedster201
    Tedster201 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2018 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply. So far all I have is an invoice from Hyundai saying they are charging me via Direct Debit for a 'Fine Recharge'. I had to ring them to find out what on earth is all meant and thats how I know the details of where and when. That's literally all I have. So are you saying sit tight and don't do anything until I get something from PE?.....
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    So are you saying sit tight and don't do anything until I get something from PE?
    No need for me to repeat the two scenarios, surely? If you don't know which applies, ask Hyundai, ''did you pass my name and address to ParkingEye?'' (which is what you want...).
  • Tedster201
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying that and I'm sorry if I sound dense, I'm just aware I'm doing something new and I don't want to get it wrong. I've just checked with Hyundai, they were notified on 29th March but didn't pass on my details to PE until 19th April. That's annoying in itself as I was on holiday until 31st March, therefore would have had my ticket somewhere in my car until a few days later. I'll check the post you mentioned and wait for the post to arrive through my door with the notice.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Great.

You will win as long as you appeal as hirer/lessee when you get the PCN (notice to hirer) and then talk through your POPLA appeal (showing us the draft here first) when at that stage.
  • Tedster201
    Options
    Game on......I'm still waiting for my letter from PE. The longer the better, I guess. I'll be back when it arrives and I've got the ball rolling. Thanks for you help so far, it's greatly appreciated.
  • Tedster201
    Options
    Morning,
    Finally, my parking charge notice arrived today. It states we stayed in the car park for 3 hrs 13 mins. It doesn't give any details of the parking charges we paid at the machine. I know for sure my husband bought a ticket and so I can only assume we over stayed by 13 mins but because this happened on 24th March, we have no evidence of ticket and to be honest can't remember what the hell we bought on the ticket. They have not stated either way whether I over stayed or just didn't pay. All they can say is I entered the car park and left it at those times. I'm hoping their lack of evidence is in my favour.
    To clarify:
    Date of parking 24th March
    Hyundai received letter on 29th March
    Hyundai replied and passed on my details 19th April
    I received Hyundai Fine Recharge of £15 23rd April
    I received first PE correspondence 4th May

I just wish I had evidence of what we paid at the ticket! Any advice would be welcomed to put my appeal in place . I wasn't the driver but I am the registered keeper.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Tedster201
    Options
    You're so right. I'm feeling over whelmed by the legal jargon in these threads and so don't want to mess up my chance to appeal. There's all sorts of stuff on the back of my PCH referencing POFA paragraphs, etc Its a nightmare and I don't want to mess it up
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tedster201 wrote: »
    Morning,
    I just wish I had evidence of what we paid at the ticket! Any advice would be welcomed to put my appeal in place . I wasn't the driver but I am the registered keeper.
    You can't be the Registered Keeper because Hyundai are.

1)-Have PE sent you the documents as required by section 13(2) of POFA2012?
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

2)-An "overstay" of 13 minutes will be covered by the two grace periods; one before the driver park and then a minimum of 10 minutes to leave the car park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure