PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Private sale :: HouseNetwork vs HalfaPercent

Options
Looking into putting our house up for sale privately to get round the estate agents fees, all of them in our area will not budge from their 2% fee.

I have shortlisted the following, who both advertise on Rightmove.
Has anyone had any experience of these two: good or bad?

http://www.halfapercent.com

http://www.housenetwork.co.uk

Thanks
Blue

Comments

• Lotta_Littlies
    Options
    Just bumping this up as I would be interested in any feedback on housenetwork too.

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
  • puddleduck
    puddleduck Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have any feedback on those, but we've had offers on our house (and provisionally accepted one) within a week of posting on the main free ones, that will post your house on fish4 and propertyfinder. Perhaps try those first for a week or so combined with an ad in your local paper (enquiries were fairly evenly split between those from paper and online) and see what response you get?

I got the links to most of the free ones from posting on this site in various places, but if you want all of the ones I used listed just let me know, as I can copy them from the spreadsheet.

I also put up cards in the local shop and post office - cost 25p a week.

hth - good luck!

pd
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning: If you search with term housenetwork you will be able to view previous posts on the company.. I am a satisfied customer of Housenetwork.

Good luck.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure