IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Admitted to being the driver

Options
Hi,

This is my first time posting, I would like to point out I have been reading the newbies thread and looking at other post but I can't seem to find the advice I need (as all the advice is saying not admit to or name the driver) unfortunately I have already admitted to being the driver and sent off a poor appeal.

The parking company - Spring parking

Reason- I was given a ticket on my window for not clearly displaying a permit

My defence - the car park is for the flats I live in, I was parked in a visitor space and my permit had been placed but had fallen on the floor (when shutting the door I assume) it was visible on the floor if you looked into the car.

I have already appealed to spring parking and to no surprise they generically responded to say I still need to pay.

My question to you all really is after admitting to being the driver can I still appeal to POPLA and if so do I continue to admit to being the driver? Is there a template that would be best to use that fits my situation

Thanks in advance! And in hindsight I should of looked here first :(

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,322 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Revealing the driver's identity is not fatal to your case, and can be an advantage in residential parking cases.

What was the reason for visiting the site? If it was to see a resident, then it's imperative you find out what their lease/AST says about parking/visitor parking/permits.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Louise93
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Revealing the driver's identity is not fatal to your case, and can be an advantage in residential parking cases.

What was the reason for visiting the site? If it was to see a resident, then it's imperative you find out what their lease/AST says about parking/visitor parking/permits.

Thank you for your reply. It's the parking for where I live, I have a designated space (this was in use by my partner) and 1 more permit to use in a visitors parking bay. I was parked in the visitors bay when I received the ticket.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The parking company - Spring parking

Dead easy to beat at POPLA, shame you said who was driving but they are a tiny firm. I've seen their efforts at POPLA evidence and it's woeful!

You have to continue as 'driver' to POPLA now (shame). Your best bet is likely to be 'no landowner authority' or 'unclear signage' (both already written in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread in the POPLA templates we hope you've already noticed).

Add a copy of your tenancy or lease for POPLA evidence too, and any email or letter that came with the permit, as long as that makes it clear that you have a right to use visitors bays, but that it didn't say anywhere that there is any contract to pay £90 or £100 (or whatever pathetic sum the begging letter wants!). Write a section on that issue too and show us your draft.

End of the day it's only Spring Parking. LOL. No-one pays them any money.

But the bigger picture is this:

Why the heck are you all letting them remain in your home car park, as residents? Boot them out! You do NOT need this protection racket, you do NOT need to show a permit to park in your own space.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure