Facebook question

Options
Katykat
Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
If I put a comment on the main Facebook page, all my “friends” can see it. Fine. I am also a member of 2 other Facebook groups. One is a closed group and only members of that group can see my posts. But the other is a public group ( it’s a help page) and when I put a comment on that page, all my “ friends” can see it. Is there a way I can post on a public page and not have my “ friends” see it?
:smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Facebook's definition of "public" means everybody whether they're logged in or not can see what you write in a public group.

When you "put it" on Facebook so to speak you're writing on your own wall which you have locked down so that only your friends can see it.

If the group settings are public then there is nothing you can do about it and if you don't want your contributions on public show, don't post in that group. Contact the powers that be for that group (an admin) and suggest them they should really change the settings.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    If you post in public on facebook, expect it to be public.
    Read that again.
    If you post on facebook to only youyr friends, then don't expect it to remain private!
    Read that again.
    Don't put onto the facebook what you don't want other to know.

There, that's it sorted then!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport