Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 22nd May 19, 6:53 AM
    • 1,616Posts
    • 559Thanks
    Katykat
    Facebook question
    • 22nd May 19, 6:53 AM
    Facebook question 22nd May 19 at 6:53 AM
    If I put a comment on the main Facebook page, all my “friends” can see it. Fine. I am also a member of 2 other Facebook groups. One is a closed group and only members of that group can see my posts. But the other is a public group ( it’s a help page) and when I put a comment on that page, all my “ friends” can see it. Is there a way I can post on a public page and not have my “ friends” see it?
    A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 22nd May 19, 7:39 AM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 1,555 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 22nd May 19, 7:39 AM
    • 22nd May 19, 7:39 AM
    Facebook's definition of "public" means everybody whether they're logged in or not can see what you write in a public group.

When you "put it" on Facebook so to speak you're writing on your own wall which you have locked down so that only your friends can see it.

If the group settings are public then there is nothing you can do about it and if you don't want your contributions on public show, don't post in that group. Contact the powers that be for that group (an admin) and suggest them they should really change the settings.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 23rd May 19, 11:59 AM
    • 6,098 Posts
    • 35,317 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • 23rd May 19, 11:59 AM
    • 23rd May 19, 11:59 AM
    If you post in public on facebook, expect it to be public.
    Read that again.
    If you post on facebook to only youyr friends, then don't expect it to remain private!
    Read that again.
    Don't put onto the facebook what you don't want other to know.

There, that's it sorted then!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,279Posts Today

8,617Users online

Martin's Twitter