Link Financial EU

Options
Today received ,out of the blue,an e-mail from Link Financial eu who gave me a reference number ,a contact phone number and a message saying my account was overdue and that I owed them £46.81. This means absolutely nothing to me .They also phoned my home and my sister-in-law answered and let them know that I was on holiday .Having Googled reviews of the company I'm more than a little concerned. Looking for some advice please.Should I ignore the e-mail or reply asking for details of what it's all about.Sorry if this has been covered previously or if I've posted in the wrong place - this is my first post.

Comments

• RecentPost
    RecentPost Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Link, have a tendency in my experience not to do much.

They're a Debt Collection Agency so have likely bought a debt off someone else which may or not be yours.

There's no harm in replying to them and asking what it is.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,916 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You only need respond to the printed word, and if they think you are liable for a debt they have bought, they must write to you.

Emails, texts, phone calls, require no response from you whatsoever.

If/when they do write, send the provit letter to them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Bretonhippy
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    You only need respond to the printed word, and if they think you are liable for a debt they have bought, they must write to you.

Emails, texts, phone calls, require no response from you whatsoever.

If/when they do write, send the provit letter to them.
    I bit the bullet and phoned them up. Turned out I owed the money but it was a !!!!-up on the part of Saga Visa Credit Card who didn't do what they said they were going to do when they were closing down their product.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure