interest free Overdraft

Options
I desperately need help. i graduated in 2002 with £2000 overdraft with barclays. at that time i was allowed £1200 overdraft free and a further £700 with very little interest. i didn't realise that for a no. of years after graudation i have been paying 15% on ALL of £1900!! I WANNA CHANGE MY CURRENT ACCOUNT!! but should i?? if so to what, as i have no money in credit. i own no credit cards. Help...pleeeeease!! :'-(

Comments

• m00
    m00 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    If you take home more than £1000 net pcm I know Natwest will match your current OD limit and have it interest free for a year. Just in the process of applying myself.

HTH
  • Fedz
    Fedz Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Options
    Are you wanting to change your current account because you are unhappy having the £1,900 @ 15% with Barclays OR because your unhappy with Barclays for another reason and would prefer another bank?

Which ever way you look at it you'll owe £1,900.

I'd stay with Barclays as you have established relationship with them. Ask about maybe a low APR loan to cover it and if successful reduce the o/d limit if possible to avoid oweing another £1,900 an top of the possible loan amount.

Maybe consider applying for a credit card with low APR balance transfer.
    BarclayCard is Barclays ;)

Good luck!
    Proudly Banking & Saving With:
    The Co-operative Bank.
    Castle & Minster Credit Union.
    Yorkshire Building Society.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income