First Direct fee conditions

I have had my First Direct current account for six months. I know that I didn’t have to pay any fee for that period. Can anyone tell me what date each month I should pay in the £1000 required? Can I transfer it back to my original account the following day? (I do not have any salary to pay in so I will have to move it from another account.)
I usually have a balance of around £1000 but this drops about the fifth of each month when my credit card is paid off (in full!).
I would prefer not to incur fees.

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Just open a savings account and keep a pound in it.

The RS doesn't count.

"There is no cost for the first six months. After that you can avoid paying the £10 monthly account fee by:

paying at least £1,000 into the account every month
    or maintaining an average monthly balance of £1,000
    or also having a mortgage, credit card, Personal Loan, savings (except Regular Saver), First Directory or Home insurance with us."
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    AnnieP6 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what date each month I should pay in the £1000 required? Can I transfer it back to my original account the following day?
    I just pay in once a calendar month. The £1000 only stays in the account for less than a minute, as I transfer it out straight away. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • AnnieP6
    AnnieP6 Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you. I hadn’t realised I could do that!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I do as Nick suggested above. Open a flexible saver with minimal amount then you don't have to worry about putting £1k in each month and taking it out again.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure