Concert ticket shambles

Options
Hi, apologies in advance if this is the wrong place. I bought tickets to an event in June on my debit card. I got an email last week stating that it had been cancelled and I was getting a refund. Today I cane home to a letter about the company going into liquidation.
I know in hindsight that if I'd paid with my credit card I would be covered but is there any way of recouping the money given I paid with my debit card? Thanks!

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, usually. There is a system known as 'chargeback' which may have no legal authority but both Visa and Mastercard operate the scheme in the UK. There can be deadlines, so if you booked months ago, contact your card issuer without delay, and good luck!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chargeback is just that, it puts the charge back to the seller - the bank don't take the hit. The seller is no longer operating so nowhere, apart from the administrators / liquidators, to charge back to.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,835 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    toots13 wrote: »
    I know in hindsight that if I'd paid with my credit card I would be covered but is there any way of recouping the money given I paid with my debit card?

It doesn't help you, but for the record if you had paid by credit card you would only have been protected by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act if the tickets had cost over £100 each.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure