When will my credit file update!

Options
Hi guys

I have live versions of my credit report (RE Equifax rather then clear score, Experian rather then credit club etc) and I just wondered when my new accounts will be showing.

Opened a new Vodafone 12 month sim only contract in October and it still is not appearing on my report and nor is my Barclaycard (opened in October)

Rather annoying as I am trying to build credit and these are not yet showing.

My new barclays current account was reported on my file within 2 weeks of opening it but Barclaycard still is not showing!

Am I being impatient here or should I give the a nudge to start report these accounts

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They'll update it when they update it.

There's no obligation (other than perhaps contractual) for organisations to show anything on your file so you'll just have to wait. Some, as you've found, are a lot slower than others.

Realistically it won't take so long as to have any impact on the healthiness of your credit file. That'll take several months, at least, of on-time payments and it's highly unlikely it'll take anywhere near that long for them to start reporting your accounts. The reporting should be backdated to when the account was opened so you shouldn't have to worry about you only having, for example, two months of payments recorded rather than six if they don't start reporting until four months after the account opening date.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JP2019 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I have live versions of my credit report (RE Equifax rather then clear score, Experian rather then credit club etc) and I just wondered when my new accounts will be showing.

Opened a new Vodafone 12 month sim only contract in October and it still is not appearing on my report and nor is my Barclaycard (opened in October)

Rather annoying as I am trying to build credit and these are not yet showing.

My new barclays current account was reported on my file within 2 weeks of opening it but Barclaycard still is not showing!

Am I being impatient here or should I give the a nudge to start report these accounts

You're being too impatient. It can take several weeks for an account to appear on credit reports.

I doubt a low value mobile phone contract and a bank account will have much affect on how lenders access you for credit.

I think the Barclaycard entry will be more important because it will create a borrowing and repayment history.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It can take a couple of months.

There’s no reason to be paying for your credit reports either when the free ones are perfectly fine.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    In my experience it's generally 4-8 weeks for things to appear on your credit file. Sure, you have access to a live snapshot of your report, but if lenders don't update your files then you won;t see any changes. Most lenders only update once or twice a month at best, so depending on where you fall in their reporting cycle you may be waiting a bit. If you're paying for these services expecting them to make a difference, then don't. You can access your reports directly from the 3 CRAs for free.

As for building your credit history, these things will take time anyway so not having an account being reported straight away isn't the end of the world. Lenders like to see months of responsible credit management before they will consider raising limits/offering you better products/etc, so I would be going into this for the long haul - a few weeks in this type of time frame is basically nothing so I wouldn't stress about this too much if you can help it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure