Selected for complaints review !!

Options
In October 2015 I complained about the sale of my packaged bank account, at the time I needed an overdraft and was told I had to have a royalties gold account (RBS) as that was the only way, (15/month), some years later I realised that I had been mis sold this and complained.

The complaint was dismissed as, as I remember, the time scales were off, I think they said they had sent me a letter informing me of the charges in whatever date and I had so long from then to complain, which I had nt done.

End of the line I thought.... now over 2 years later they have written to me saying “your complaint has been selected for review”

Has anyone else experienced similar ??

Any advice on how to play it ??

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,383 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone else experienced similar ??

yes
    Any advice on how to play it ??

Don't pre-judge the outcome. These reviews have seen outcomes where the majority of the people selected got their decision changed and other times where not one person got their decision changed.

If the original decision was correct, nothing will change. If it was wrong, then they will uphold the complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Al.206322
    Options
    But why review a complaint that was refused in the basis of time scales??

I thought they were set in stone...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They are. But they will be reviewing whether the right stone was used.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure