Bag stolen on holiday

Options
Hi all,

My bag was stolen whilst on holiday in Milan. Everything I had in the bag I have listed and given the proof of receipt on the expensive goods which I kept in my emails such as my key wallet, sunglasses, etc. However they are asking me to give them receipt or proof of purchase for clothes. While I do not have receipt for my clothes I have given them an extract from my online banking of the transaction they were bought in. I am still awaiting to hear back from them but wanted to know what they will do if I can not give them proof of purchase and they had already said the online transaction showing the date a merchant it was bought from was not sufficient evidence. In addition I also had my shaver that costed £30 which was bought from boots by my girlfriend, no receipt or online transaction could be found as this was paid by cash. How can i prove this was in the bag as well?

How can they expect me to keep receipt dating back to like 3 years?

The insurer is Insure for but it is global response that is dealing with this.

Appreciate any advice or help.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Whenever you are unhappy with an insurer your (no cost) route is to make a formal complaint in line with their complaints procedure.

Then if they ignore you or you are unhappy with their reply or they ignore you for 8 weeks you can then escalate to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you.

If the FOS rules against you then you are left with the court route as your last resort - though that will involve you in some court costs that you can only get back if you win
  • danicheng
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Whenever you are unhappy with an insurer your (no cost) route is to make a formal complaint in line with their complaints procedure.

Then if they ignore you or you are unhappy with their reply or they ignore you for 8 weeks you can then escalate to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you.

If the FOS rules against you then you are left with the court route as your last resort - though that will involve you in some court costs that you can only get back if you win

Thanks for your help. This has now been ongoing for 7 weeks and only is has been handed to the case handler to assess the case. I will lodge a complaint and see if this can be progressed at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure