Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just trying to catch up, :D
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    So beautiful, what luck you had today. Did you know the dragon flies here in this country only live 6 months, from egg to adulthood. Keep watching though as you may see more xx

And the nymphs are the most ferocious creature in the pond, they will eat tadpoles and most things that move, we have frogs, newts and all the insect life in our pond too, love seeing nature doing its thing :)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    And the nymphs are the most ferocious creature in the pond, they will eat tadpoles and most things that move, we have frogs, newts and all the insect life in our pond too, love seeing nature doing its thing :)

In the bigger ponds/lakes the pike are horrible things, saw one take a young duckling once, they will eat anything they can get their teeth into. Nature, red in tooth and claw.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • altojack
    Options
    redfox wrote: »
    yes, I use it most of the time (being very anti-google and its intrusiveness)

It is fine although one slight niggle is that search results can sometimes be a bit USA biased but it's not that much of an issue. At least you know it's not tracking your every move for its own ends...

Foxie, you are brilliant. I've been reading about it and wAs tempted but had never heard anyone mention it by name. I'm just totally fed up being targeted and having to accept cookies blah blah blah.

My next question is, do I remove anything from computer before downloading please? My husband thinks I'm mad wanting to be part of a 'foreign' search engine :o. Men! :rotfl:

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks curlgirl, I didn't need loo rolls we've still got about 80 when the Andrex were £1 for 8 in Ts a while ago.

JTS fabulous pond.

Snap, I hope fourp is ok. I'd love to visit the Scottish isles only not by boat_pale_
  • altojack
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »

That's why I love living close to the wood, beautiful natural wild pond, badger sett, deer and fox , oh of course all the birds around the edges. Fantastic just sitting, looking and listening xx

• altojack
    Options
    I need my eye drops :eek: all the reading I've been doing today, I think I've got square eyes :eek: Oh no, that's what you get when watching too much telly :rotfl: :cool:

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i had this email as well. I was hoping to find something I would actually use even if it meant spending more than a pound ...
    Received an email for a £5 Costalot for a £1 spend, bought a London Eye £1 deal which someone might want for free
    Not sure if everyone could use it.

Text:
    [FONT=&quot]Hey there! [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We've noticed you've fallen out of touch with us recently. Here's something that might interest you, a complimentary £5 Costa e-gift card with your next purchase![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]All you need to do is purchase any Groupon deal worth £1 or more between now and Friday, July 13th, and enter the code '[FONT=&quot]XXXXXX[/FONT]' at checkout before completing your purchase. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We will e-mail you a £5 Costa e-gift card next week - simple![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The code is difficult unless you know what Costalot sell :rotfl::rotfl:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Confirmation:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Order Summary[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Subtotal £1.00 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Buy now to receive your £5 Costa e-gift card next week![/FONT]
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 July 2018 at 7:51PM
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    My next question is, do I remove anything from computer before downloading please?

no, it's just a search engine so you don't install anything. Just go to https://duckduckgo.com/ and start using it instead of Google. You can also set it as your default search page so you need never use Google again if you don't want to :rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    carolt2 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if you managed to get the frontline you were looking for?

Yes - I was going round in circles trying all of the usual online places. I even found some very short dated packs of 3 pippettes which would have at least have solved the immediate problem.
    What was annoying me was up to £4 postage for something thin and light enough to go through the letter box.
    Then I went back to Amazon and found 6 for £17.99, cheaper than the ones I got in February - free delivery, ordered yesterday and arrived this morning - if only all niggly annoying problems were as easily sorted!
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure