HSBC switch £150 bonus?

Options
I applied for a switch to HSBC – for the £150 bonus yesterday, at the time they said they needed to do some routine checks before I got a decision, today I got the confirmation email that they did accept me, but its outside the deadline. My question is, as I applied before the deadline, will they honour the £150 bonus or will I not be entitled to it because im apparently confirmed today – outside the deadline
Thanks !
)

:beer:

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tudorfan22 wrote: »
    I applied for a switch to HSBC – for the £150 bonus yesterday, at the time they said they needed to do some routine checks before I got a decision, today I got the confirmation email that they did accept me, but its outside the deadline. My question is, as I applied before the deadline, will they honour the £150 bonus or will I not be entitled to it because im apparently confirmed today – outside the deadline

Read the offer T&C's very carefully. Usually they will say something to the effect of "applications made before...". If that's the case then you'd be ok. If the T&C's say "accounts opened before...." then you are on less firm ground. If it says "Applications approved before..." then you need to worry. :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Read the offer T&C's very carefully.
    If you get as far as 4(b) and haven't found your answer, then go back to the beginning and start again!
  • jblakeborough
    Options
    I've also applied before the deadline but was wondering how soon they pay? I don't intend to keep the account for long and wish to switch to another, how soon did anyone else do this?
  • radoslaff
    radoslaff Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've also applied before the deadline but was wondering how soon they pay? I don't intend to keep the account for long and wish to switch to another, how soon did anyone else do this?

For my and my wife's accounts it took between 2 and 4 weeks after the switch.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options

They say that they will pay within 50 days.

Of course, if you did stick around then in 12 months time you would get another £50 from them, and have had access to the 5% regular saver for the duration. Are these of no interest to you?
  • tudorfan22
    tudorfan22 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    think I have my answer:
    4. We will make the Initial Offer Payment described at clause 5, and provide access to a 0% interest overdraft on your Eligible account as described at clause 7, if you comply with all the following requirements, namely:
    a. you apply for an Eligible Account between 29 December 2017 and 25 March 2018 (inclusive), and such account is subsequently opened
    so I think ill be ok as I APPLIED on 25 March

thanks all!
    )

:beer:
  • pinklady21
    pinklady21 Posts: 870 Forumite
    Options
    Just to confirm, what was the cut off date for applying to receive the switch incentive? I applied on 24th March 2018 - a/c was accepted, so should I receive the incentive?
  • pinklady21
    pinklady21 Posts: 870 Forumite
    Options
    OK - just called HSBC who confirmed that accounts applied for and opened before the 25th March will be eligible for the switching incentive of £150 provided the a/c conditions are met.
    (2 direct debits set up and £1750 being paid in each month.)
    I applied on 24th March, so should receive the incentive payment. Happy days!
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pinklady21 wrote: »
    OK - just called HSBC who confirmed that accounts applied for and opened before the 25th March will be eligible for the switching incentive of £150 provided the a/c conditions are met.
    (2 direct debits set up and £1750 being paid in each month.)
    I applied on 24th March, so should receive the incentive payment. Happy days!

I trust you mean the direct debits were set up on the donor a/c and transferred during the switch rather than set up on the HSBC a/c.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 April 2018 at 1:18PM
    Options
    I was really impressed with their prompt bonus payment Switch 31/1/18; DDs and deposit before 7/2; bonus 12/2)
    Will be staying around for the extra £50 as with the regular saver, and coin deposit service.
    Free thinker.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport