Post Office Savings Applications

Options
Hi everyone,

Has anybody encountered Post Office’s lack of response whilst trying to open an easy access savings account?

I’ve received the email saying they’ve received my application and will contact me soon after their “checks”. Well, 11 working days later and still nothing from them.

I tried applying for one last winter as well and I’d waited over a month then! (I’d completely forgotten about it until randomly it dawned on me one day)

I’ve never had a problem applying and opening various types of savings accounts elsewhere. So unless they’re nit picking over some trivial check unbeknownst to me....

Just wanted to know if I should altogether not bother again with them in the future. Or waste the time in trying to contact them. (There is no reference for me to quote from the email)

Cheers

Comments

• Stubod
    Stubod Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ,,yes, I have also experienced the Post Offices lack of customer service generally. They are by far the worst "bank" I have ever dealt with when it comes to "customer service"...(I don't think they actually understand the concept of customer service).
    My "experience" with them was a few years ago, and from other more recent posts it seems they have not improved. I would not touch them with the proverbial...but that's just me.
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
  • User25
    Options
    I recently opened new accounts for both my wife and myself without any issues. It may be due to having had previous accounts with them but from memory I did not have any issues when first opening accounts with them. I cannot comment on their customer service as I have never been in the position where I have had to contact them.

You may wish to persevere with opening an account with them as they do accept Direct Debits and this is the reason we have two accounts with them as it satisfies the criteria of one of our bank accounts to have two Direct Debits. They are only set up for minimum payments each month.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes, i applied 2 or 3 weeks ago, received the same email, and have heard nothing since. mind you, i have previously found their CS to be desperately poor too.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Really smooth process here. Issue 28 account opened last week, online access gained, initial DD pull set up for this coming week, and regular DD pulls set up commencing in February. All in one application session from memory.

I was either lucky or they're improving!
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Really smooth process here. Issue 28 account opened last week, online access gained, initial DD pull set up for this coming week, and regular DD pulls set up commencing in February. All in one application session from memory.

I was either lucky or they're improving!
    Me, too. And, prob like you, I also had issue 26 but 'checks' makes me think the OP means from scratch.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Me, too. And, prob like you, I also had issue 26 but 'checks' makes me think the OP means from scratch.
    This account wasn't for me, but for someone who's never had a relationship with PO or BOI, so was "from scratch".

I'm fortunate in that I've got all my Tesco replacement DDs in operation (and have had since last summer because I could see where it was going!).
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    at the rate PO/BOI are going with me YB, i'll have reached April and those DDs disappearing before i'm even close to being set up;).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure