Broken Electricity Meter

Options
Wilabee1
Wilabee1 Posts: 2 Newbie
I didnt realise my electricity meter was stuck on the same value for other a month when i went to do a "meter reading". So i called up Npower and got a engineers appointment for a months time. I took off a days work and they missed the appointment. Long story short, a failed smart meter installation and 6 months later i have an engineer coming to fix it again hopefully.

Where do i stand with charges during this period, i am a low user and always use less than the standard predictions they use for automated billing. Since no one knows what i've used can i argue for a lower payment since ive been proactive in trying to get it fixed, but they failed so far?

Thanks

Comments

• nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wilabee1 wrote: »
    I didnt realise my electricity meter was stuck on the same value for other a month when i went to do a "meter reading". So i called up Npower and got a engineers appointment for a months time. I took off a days work and they missed the appointment. Long story short, a failed smart meter installation and 6 months later i have an engineer coming to fix it again hopefully.

Where do i stand with charges during this period, i am a low user and always use less than the standard predictions they use for automated billing. Since no one knows what i've used can i argue for a lower payment since ive been proactive in trying to get it fixed, but they failed so far?

Thanks

Hi Wilabee1,

Thanks for your message. Please contact us using the details on our profile page so we can help with your billing issue.

Thanks

Jen :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • Wilabee1
    Wilabee1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 9 May 2018 at 9:00AM
    Options
    Hi Jen

"nPower has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove nPower from the recipient list and send the message again."
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can see nPower's contact details on this page.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 3:46PM
    Options
    The electric meter which sticks is the Sangamo Weston analogue meter (not the dial meter ). I once found three of these meters all stopped on one street alone , so its a common enough event with this old meter.
    When it sticks and stops it will typically show the last 3 digits as 99 and a blank .Meter readers are not familiar with this and will record the blank last digit as a zero
    Most people are very happy with this meter !. especially when it stops and they keep sthum !
    It s easy to restart this sticking meter by a hefty thump on the side of the meter, so if its reading eg, 3599 and the last digit a blank, after it restarts it go s to 36000.
    I have had some thicko s trying to claim that the meter jumped a thousand digits after this process ! and were livid ,claiming the meter has fiddled them , even though the meter has been stopped for a year !
    The usual payment for a failed appointment is around £30 which does not cover the loss of a days pay or a wasted holiday day.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Thanks

Can we have the original long version of the story please?

What happened in the 6 months between the original first broken appointrment and now???
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Jen

"nPower has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove nPower from the recipient list and send the message again."

Read nPower's post agian, and follow the instructions carefully.

Or read the poster's signature.

Then refresh youself of this forum's rules, in particular those about verified users.

I can see you only joined MSE toady, and so agreed today that you would abide by the forum rules, but it seems you either didn't read them fully, or have already fogotten them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure