PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fiscal Fast

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am not doing the Fiscal Fast BUT I read through the thread last week as I was up to date on the threads I post to:o

JackieO, thank you so much for the Melting Moments recipe - very rich but both my DH & I absolutely love them :drool:

Good luck TM6 - I am very impressed:T

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • TM6
    TM6 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am not doing the Fiscal Fast BUT I read through the thread last week as I was up to date on the threads I post to:o

JackieO, thank you so much for the Melting Moments recipe - very rich but both my DH & I absolutely love them :drool:

Good luck TM6 - I am very impressed:T

MrsSD

Thank you for your words of encouragement Mrs SD :D
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Oh believe me, I too was that woman, my husband still is to a point

BUT

We no longer have the champagne wages so I have to make every penny count and I no longer like seeing my bank balance depleting

A pound is better in my account then in a shop keepers till in my book:rotfl:

I'm not tight , no way am I tight, I love being able to treat the grandkids, help out my stepdaughter, but I also like knowing that if something major cropped up, I had the money to cover it without getting into debt

So I keep out of the shops as much as possible because like you, I too can't resist a bargain :rotfl:

Lidls had no onions, so I had to go to Tesco and my onions cost me £16 :eek: They had sides of salmon for £7.50 and because mum isn't well and picking at food I thought sod it, Salmon En Croute at the weekend when she's out of hospital so filo pastry, spinach and creme freche got added along with some very mature cheddar that she's fond of

That sort of shopping is expensive, I'm usually strictly a mental list person and seeing as the freezers have plenty in them, I really didn't need to be buying extras

We could be twins when it comes to our shopping habits :rotfl:
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 60

:j Another NSD - bring it on :j
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I did spend a small amount yesterday afternoon but it was from my 'Happy Cash Stash' for a congratulations card for my son-in-law who achieved a 'first' in his civil engineering degree, I shall also pop a cheque into it so he can buy a treat for himself as he never spends anything on himself and has worked so hard over the past few years full time and has done his degree part time at evenings and weekends and I am very proud of him. NSD today as I have a U3A committee meeting so tomorrow I shall go food shopping for the first time this month :):):)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TM6 wrote: »
    We could be twins when it comes to our shopping habits :rotfl:

Precisely :D

Hence I try not to go near shops.

If I cant see it I cant buy it
  • TM6
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I did spend a small amount yesterday afternoon but it was from my 'Happy Cash Stash' for a congratulations card for my son-in-law who achieved a 'first' in his civil engineering degree, I shall also pop a cheque into it so he can buy a treat for himself as he never spends anything on himself and has worked so hard over the past few years full time and has done his degree part time at evenings and weekends and I am very proud of him. NSD today as I have a U3A committee meeting so tomorrow I shall go food shopping for the first time this month :):):)

How did the shopping trip go JackieO?

I love the sound of a 'Happy Cash Stash' - I might just have to have one for myself for treats :D

How does your stash work?
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 61

A spending day which was quite frugal but very enjoyable. :p

With 24 hour shopping on the net, I am a bit of an ebay anorak and quite a few years ago I knew that I had to get my fix from selling rather than buying. Hence my love of auctions, table tops, charity shops, anywhere that I can sniff out a bargain to re-sell.

So with all the above in mind, hubby and I set off for Camborne as I needed to call into the Cheap Food Store (CFS) for some snowbites that the lady I work for has nearly run out of.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/cheapfoodstore/posts/?ref=notif

but I never go to a town just for one reason so we hit the shops.

However (for once ;) ) I was on my best behaviour.

I only bought a couple of items for ebay, a present for GD2 (only a £1 for a beautiful little sock that you put on a baby's foot, shaped as a zebra and rattles), a few bits from the CFS, a few bits from Poundstretcher and some Easter Cards from Card Factory.

I got my shopaholic fix but for a keepskate price...there is hope for me yet :rotfl:
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 62

Despite visiting both Sainsbury's and Tesco for work, none of my money departed from my purse!

I did however spend £2 at Card Factory for more Easter Cards (8 for a £1) and some general cards (10 for £1)

Happy Days :j
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 63

:j Super news :j Another NSD :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure