The big Corgi con

Options

Comments

• WillimS
    WillimS Posts: 9,111 Forumite
    Options
    Just been on a customer review board loads of complaints corgi cowboys is one lol ... Just like me very angry
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WillimS wrote: »
    Just been on a customer review board loads of complaints corgi cowboys is one lol ... Just like me very angry
    And I bet none of them read their documentation either.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    its clearly misleading, its the equivalent of taking out life insurance then having to check the fine print to make sure it covers death, clear mis-selling
    Not really.
    It's more like taking out life insurance then finding out that it doesn't cover death due to self injury or suicide.

Pipes don't normally freeze if they are properly lagged or insulated so damage from freezing can be prevented by the policyholder carrying out some basic maintenance on their own property.
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    My cover is £46 a month, which covers all pipes and boiler comprehensive, not a mention of excluding frozen pipes, I don't expect pipes to melt in summer but I do expect them to freeze in winter, why else do people think they need pipe cover for?

Why don't you just put £46 a month in a jar and just call out a local independent plumber when you need them?
  • George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    Options
    I don't expect pipes to melt in summer but I do expect them to freeze in winter, why else do people think they need pipe cover for?

Do you also expect the coolant in your car engine to freeze in winter or do you take basic precautions to prevent this from happening?
    If you expect your pipes to freeze in winter then you must know that they are not adequately protected from the elements.
  • WillimS
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    And I bet none of them read their documentation either.

you mean like all those people being compensated for PPI because they never read their documents, the regulator ruled in favour of the consumer, because the old you should of read the. Fine print proper!y, the cop out clause failed
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Corgi Home Plan Plus is not the name of a current policy. Do you have a link to the service you purchased?
  • WillimS
    Options
    Do you also expect the coolant in your car engine to freeze in winter or do you take basic precautions to prevent this from happening?
    If you expect your pipes to freeze in winter then you must know that they are not adequately protected from the elements.

if we all knew what was going to Happen insurance companies would be out of business, especially personal injuries, roller coasters shouldn't crash into each other, should they ?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    you mean like all those people being compensated for PPI because they never read their documents, the regulator ruled in favour of the consumer, because the old you should of read the. Fine print proper!y, the cop out clause failed
    Completely and utterly different, try again. All the relevant information regarding exclusions is/was available to you.
  • George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    Options
    if we all knew what was going to Happen insurance companies would be out of business,

But you've already clearly stated that you expect your pipes to freeze in winter and no insurance policy will provide cover for something that the policy holder knows is going to happen.

Insurance is for unexpected events, something that wasn't the case with what happened to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure