Tesco Bank have changed their details

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just going off on a very slight tangent here - I am receiving a lot of phishing emails supposedly from Tesco - that could mislead some people.
    I realise that's not what's being said here but I felt it something worth interrupting for, sorry.
    Back to topic :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    40 02 50 is HSBC
    40 64 15 is Tesco

Obviously moving the payments in house.

Aren't they both HSBC sort codes?
    The latter is just a dedicated Tesco Bank one.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I made a Faster Payment the other day using the old account details as it's reached my account.

There's likely to be a cross-over period before the old details become obsolete?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • lifethrualens
    Options
    Tesco haven't said the old details are becoming obsolete. Payments sent to the old details will still be accepted provided the reference is correct.

Direct debits aren't impacted by the change to bank details either
  • System
    Options
    Tesco haven't said the old details are becoming obsolete. Payments sent to the old details will still be accepted provided the reference is correct.

Direct debits aren't impacted by the change to bank details either

They will be getting redirected or they old details will still operate (in tandem) for a period of time. Both sort codes are ultimately supplied by HSBC.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 June 2017 at 7:08AM
    Options
    I just checked my June statement, I could still see bank Giro Credit address to the following Account.
    42-74-70 which is HSBC Bank

It is exactly the same with the January Statement.

If you are asking them to set up DD, I wonder why care about changing Sort code,ac No. If there is a mispayment due to changing A/C it will not be your fault.

You could chekc the sort code from here
    http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/consumers/sort-code-checker

40 02 50 is HSBC Bank
    40 64 15 is Tesco Bank
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    On my April statement, it said that the details had changed for faster payments, no mention of DD's or SO's. The information was printed on one statement only, wasn't there on May's.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • System
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I just checked my June statement, I could still see bank Giro Credit address to the following Account.
    42-74-70 30274704 whihc is HSBC BAnk

It is exactly the same with the January Statement.

If you are asking them to set up DD, I wonder why care about changing Sort code,ac No. If there is a mispayment due to changing A/C it will not be your fault.

You could chekc the sort code from here
    http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/consumers/sort-code-checker

40 02 50 is HSBC Bank
    40 64 15 is Tesco Bank

All three sort codes are HSBC, it's just the 406415 one is used solely by Tesco Bank.
  • lifethrualens
    Options
    On my April statement, it said that the details had changed for faster payments, no mention of DD's or SO's. The information was printed on one statement only, wasn't there on May's.

Standing Orders are sent by Faster Payment. SO is the instruction, but FPS is the method.

The sort code and account number on the Bank Giro Credit slip at the bottom of the statement (as mentioned by adindas) are only for paying over the counter with the Bank Giro Credit slip itself, they aren't processed as FPS therefore aren't impacted by the change.

Tesco Bank clear through HSBC therefore any sort code is tied to HSBC.

The FPS details are there for those who don't want to pay by DD or want to send an extra payment every so often.
  • Kmason1983
    Options
    Hi
    I've just paid my bill using the old account and sort code as they only put the info in Mays statement and by June the statement I needed to pay it didn't mention it so I used the one I've had set up previously
    How long did it take for your faster payment to bounce back as I'm worried I've lost £62 to the banking ether
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure