flow energy not replied to email yet

Options
zaax
zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Left Flow at the start of the month no final bill or refund. Does anyone know long it take them to reply to the contact form?
Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zaax wrote: »
    Left Flow at the start of the month no final bill or refund. Does anyone know long it take them to reply to the contact form?

Suppliers are generally allowed up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill, so if that is what you've demanded, perhaps they won't get back to you until they have produced that final bill

In regards to responding to email queries, it says they will respond as soon as they are back in the office.
    But reality is for these smaller suppliers that they respond to emails when the phone lines go quiet for a minute or two.
    So if you want a more urgent response, probably best to get in the phone queue - at least it's a freefone number :)
  • LittleMax
    LittleMax Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Flow have just sent my final bill - I left in January! Check your readings - they used an incorrect reading over 300 units higher than the agreed final reading.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LittleMax wrote: »
    Flow have just sent my final bill - I left in January! Check your readings - they used an incorrect reading over 300 units higher than the agreed final reading.

Are you saying it is different to the start reading used by the new supplier?
    If so, follow their complaint procedure. (or better still, the complaint procedure of your new supplier)
    If not, who "agreed" it??? :huh:
  • LittleMax
    Options
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    Are you saying it is different to the start reading used by the new supplier?
    If so, follow their complaint procedure. (or better still, the complaint procedure of your new supplier)
    If not, who "agreed" it??? :huh:

Oh, I have disputed it. I moved to new supplier on 6 Jan, and have the opening reading on my first bill from them. It also has a customer reading which I gave them on 28 Jan. The reading that Flow have used is the 28 Jan reading. I can only assume that my new suppler gave this reading to Flow, as I certainly did not.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a message from Avro part of which said:

These do not get sent directly to the previous supplier, however they get submitted into a data flow system which is where they are validated by a third party regulator. This is where your previous supplier retrieves this information from.

For some reason the gas reads tend to take a little longer than the electric. The process can take up to 15 working days, after they were validated.

Maybe this third party regulator is the problem
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • SammenForLivet2
    Options
    Maybe this third party regulator is the problem

The 'Third Party Regulator' or Data Collector, should not be blamed - they are chosen by the new supplier, often based on Cost. There are some out there who are great on price, but conversely have a few issues with service timeframes. The newer, lower cost suppliers tend to go with the one I'm referring to.

Gas sometimes can take longer, but that is because of IGT's and spreadsheets.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • LittleMax
    Options
    I did not have any problem with the final bill for gas. My final reading was 15 Jan and final bill came through on 3 Feb. It was the electric that has taken 9 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure