Sign the Petition for Womens state pension age going up unfair

Options

Comments

• saver861
    saver861 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    No need to go to the doctor.

I can tell you the cure - stop reading those certain threads !

Ah right. So it is posts in the threads that are repeating themselves and it's not me!!!

Gotcha ..... explains it all then!
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    saver861 wrote: »
    Ah right. So it is posts in the threads that are repeating themselves and it's not me!!!

Gotcha ..... explains it all then!

That's debatable...... Your posts repeat themselves quite often :rotfl:
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Daniel54
    Daniel54 Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For those interested,there is a back bench debate on 30th June on a motion brought forward by Frank Field :

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/backbench-business-committee/news-parliament-2015/debate-on-the-increase-in-the-state-pension-age/

The motion states :

"That this House acknowledges the differential effect on a defined cohort of women of the increase in the state pension age; and calls on the Government to adopt the proposal put forward by the Work and Pensions Select Committee in its Seventh Report of Session 2015-16 to permit early retirement, from a specified age and for that defined cohort of women, on an actuarially neutral basis."

The WPSC report is not specific regarding specific age and defined cohort.If it is to be applied to women only,the only eligible cohort would appear to be those whose SPA was increased by more than 12 months under the 2011 act,as anything else would seem to fail under equality legislation

As always,it is a shame the proposal is not more specific,but in outline it is entirely possible to see that this could be supported by the Pensions Minister and also Stephen Crabbe ,so I would not rule out the Government being prepared to take this forward ( bearing in mind they are not bound by backbench motions).

Appreciate this thread is already 60 pages long,but better than starting yet another !
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That probably doesn't really mean actuarially neutral, that is with those women bearing all of the costs of being able to get the state pension early. Based on earlier reports it means other people subsidising them by having the costs passed to them instead of those taking early state pensions paying it all.

As usual if there is any law passed which discriminates by gender I'd be willing to help fund the legal action against the government. Which means things like such a law having to apply equally to men and women who want to retire earlier than state pension age by the same number of years.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Early retirement from the State Pension with actuarial reduction is not going to happen, not under the current Government anyway. If it was genuinely "actuarially neutral" it would not be enough to live on, and we would therefore get means-testing reintroduced for those that took it early. And the entire point of the New State Pension was to bring an end to means-testing.

Can't see them doing it just for WASPIs and no-one else either - it would be a lot of work and risk opening a can of worms for a relatively small group.

As has been adequately covered, there are already adequate benefits in this country for those who are of working age but for whatever reason cannot support themselves.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    .... and by the time that the IT was put in place to support this (the payment of a State Pension to someone under State Pension age!!!!) most of the people affected would be over SPa anyway.

And think of the cost!
  • Mortgagefreeman
    Options
    When will these bloody WASPI whiners realise they’re going to get nowt.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200088
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    Options
    When will these bloody WASPI whiners realise they’re going to get nowt.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200088

Thank you for posting the link.

Have signed it for them.
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    Options
    I'll sign it if they include males born about...25th May 1954..deal or no deal girls?
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • OldBeanz
    OldBeanz Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting that the distribution of signatures shows the largest support in Scotland where the parliament has the fiscal authority to deliver the WASPI demands and the governing and largest party has been the most vocal in its support for its implementation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure