Vouchercodes.co.uk misleading customers?

Options
Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before but I was wandering if anyone has noticed this.

I was looking to purchase a stroller from Mothercare for £125. Vouchercodes.co.uk currently have an exclusive offer where you get a "free" £10 Amazon voucher. Only when I go through vouchercodes website link, the price of the stroller is £135!

Very sneaky and totally misleading! Has anyone come across something similar?

Kind Regards

Comments

• pink_pirlie
    pink_pirlie Posts: 238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hadn't noticed the product being more expensive, but I never got my £10 voucher for a recent purchase via there. I'm not sure how long it is supposed to take ... you've reminded me to check back with them about that.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I often check several voucher sites and in my experience very rarely do the codes work.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Jinx_001 wrote: »
    Has anyone come across something similar?

It seems to happen quite often in my experience when you go to websites through affiliate sites. Different prices of goods depending on how you get to the site.

I noticed it last a couple of weeks ago when looking for a new BB provider. 4 different prices depending on if I clicked through from TCB, Quidco, the MSE tool or went direct to the site.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    I noticed it last a couple of weeks ago when looking for a new BB provider. 4 different prices depending on if I clicked through from TCB, Quidco, the MSE tool or went direct to the site.

IP address tracking may also have played a part ... sometimes the suppliers vary their pricing depending on how often a person (IP address) is looking at something - the more often they look, the more interested they may be so the pricing might creep up as the supplier thinks they might still win the sale but at an increased margin.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    IP address tracking may also have played a part ... sometimes the suppliers vary their pricing depending on how often a person (IP address) is looking at something - the more often they look, the more interested they may be so the pricing might creep up as the supplier thinks they might still win the sale but at an increased margin.

Not in my case. The price was static through each affiliate over 3 or 4 days while I was looking. So always £x when I went through Quidco, always £y through MSE etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure