Been made redundant

Options
Hi all

Couple of weeks back I was made redundant from my job; last shift was 6th September. I was directly employed by the company and I have received everything I was entitled to.
I’m interested to find out what I’m entitled to as would quite like to do some further training in my field. I’m currently (or most recently) was employed as a plant operator and would like to get into a more construction management based role and this is something I’d thought about doing in time anyway. Since losing my job I’ve struggled to find consistent work, it’s been a few days here and there self-employed through agencies 🙄
Thanks

Comments

• MovingForwards
    Options
    I will say what my sibling (time served carpenter) has told me, but this is to give you a starting point!

CSCS card in your chosen field/line
    NVQ in your chosen field / line, some you can do onsite where you have someone from a company come out and see your work; think along the lines of time served, others you attend a college / specific company to do it.
    Then a management course.

It's financially achievable for under £5k (£100ish, £1500, forget how much the management one was) from what he told me.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Got CPCS card in various plant categories, got NVQ level 2 in plant operations. More looking for info on what/if any help may be available to me towards doing a management course.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure