Direct Line - Cut your renewal price  !

Options
Hi,

For those who are currently insured with Direct Line, this may be of interest when your renewal arrives in the post.

My wife got her car renewal through recently and after a look around on the web, the cheapest alternative was Egg after taking off the £50 cashback.

When ringing DL, they said that they could not do anything to reduce her renewal price over the phone, so my wife said that in that case, she would then like to cancel the policy, which is collected automatically via monthly diret debit.

She was then told by DL, that the only way to reduce it was if she renewed her policy online, which should discount the price by approximately 15%.

You have to apply for an online account password, and once this arrived in the post we logged in. Her renewal information was detailed exactly as the paper renewal, but discounted by about 15%, approximately £40.

Interestingly, when we tried to get the same quote online but as a new customer, the premium was higher than the original paper renewal.

So if you get a renewal through the post from DL, try looking at the online renewal and you should hopefully find the price is around 15% cheaper.

Cheers,

Steve.

Comments

• babysaver
    Options
    Hi Steve - I done this with Direct Line in July when I was renewing my car insurance. I was a bit worried when they asked for proof of NCD and I had to send them their own letter back but haven't had any comeback ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure