Insurance for Cabriolet

Options
Hi Everyone
This is my first post so please be nice (I have read lots of the posts, and see how grumpy some of you get! :-/)
I am a bit lapse with my finances (but I am trying now)and I have only just checked my car insurance policy to see how much they are charging me this year from 5th August, with Norwich Union Direct I was shocked to see my insurance with them was £595 :o been driving more years than I care to remember and never claimed.
I rang them to have a moan and the woman immediately said she would send me £20 cashback ??? very good but still no where near enough, so I said I am going to get some quotes and find a cheaper insurance and cancel the policy once I find one. She then said well I am not sending you £20 then (cheek) but after I had another moan she said she would (I havent cancelled it yet)
I have not tried confused.com yet but will do but I am amazed at More than insurance I have just had an online quote from them for £345 :o Tesco wanted £495.
Anyway thought I would share it with you all.
Thanks to all of you that put lots of post on the forum I have great fun reading them all and I am learning :-[
Kaz

Comments

• trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Grumpy ::).................us :o

Welcome to the site,glad your enjoying it and find it useful ;D
  • kaz962
    kaz962 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks very much trafalgar :D
    kaz
  • jellybambam
    Options
    I got my wife's insurance with http://www.diamond.co.uk/ for her Mk3 Golf cabriolet.

If you wait to get this quote at the end of your search, you normally get an email within a day saying they will knock £20 off if you accept within 24hrs. Make sure you tell them on the phone if you go for it.

We got the Golf fully comp protected for us both for £250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport