Banks may take until next summer to respond to last-minute PPI claims - MSE News

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You just need to wait until they've worked through the backlog and are able to make payment.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    onthemend wrote: »
    What can I do. . .?
    Like everyone else who complained at the very end you'll just have to wait patiently. The Bank said they would attempt to pay within 28 days, but there is no way for you to hold them to this timescale.

On a positive note, the interest will continue to accrue until you are paid...
  • RonoB
    RonoB Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I applied in July also to Santander after them previously telling me I didn’t have any. I had contacted a third party when it went down to 10% to do a final sweep as they say as I’d exhausted the rest myself it was them that told me I had it and Santander had denied. They didn’t do store cards so I applied myself anyway. Iv had an acknowledgement once and I called up but that’s it since July. That’s 2 cards. I was a student at he time and they haven’t asked for any evidence of that so I fear it will still be some time. My husband hasn’t even had a response either and that’s all since the summer.
  • Socajam
    Socajam Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely the banks have a responsibility to increase staffing levels etc to deal with the back log! Surely its simple maths that if there was 64 million policies sold and less than half have been investigated then there was going to be an influx of submissions leading up to the deadline, especially with all the media coverage and the banks should have been ready for it and had processing in place to deal with it!

Surely banks have the responsibility to charge customers for the increase in staffing levels to deal with this back log.
    How do you feel about that?
  • chris27
    chris27 Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I reclaimed at the end of September to Natwest. Mid October I had my offer come through which I sent back promptly as you can imagine.

Was told I'd get a text when they'd received it and then a further text with a date it will be paid out. I've had neither so far and after about 3 or 4 calls to chase up they've confirmed they've got it but that payment is in a queue waiting to paid out.

No mention of how long this queue is or where I might be in the queue. Just a comment of you're in the queue.

I do feel sorry for the guys answering the phone though as I imagine that they'll get some real abuse from some people. You can tell that they've been given a stock response to say and have said it so many times.

It's easy to forget that the guys answering the phone are just doing a job and it's not them personally doing something to spite or inconvenience you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    chris27 wrote: »
    I reclaimed at the end of September to Natwest. Mid October I had my offer come through
    Last PPI complaint was in late August?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport