E.on warm Home Discount Notification

Options
2»

Comments

• Graham1
    Graham1 Posts: 445 Forumite
    Options
    I am wondering when Eon will be paying Core Group. I am now with EDF, but on qualifying date, with Eon. I believe it is by cheque?

I have a relative in the core group - they got their cheque from Eon in Mid November having switched away earlier this year but was with them last July.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am wondering when Eon will be paying Core Group. I am now with EDF, but on qualifying date, with Eon. I believe it is by cheque?

Morning Raine E Day,

Customers who qualify for the Core Group will get a letter from the Government between October and December 2018. The letter will have an M (Matched) or U (Unmatched) reference number.

Customers with an M reference will get the payment by 31 December 2018.

Customers with a U reference will need to follow the instructions on the letter to get the payment. They will then get the payment before 31 March 2019.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Raine_E_Day
    Options
    Morning Raine E Day,

Customers who qualify for the Core Group will get a letter from the Government between October and December 2018. The letter will have an M (Matched) or U (Unmatched) reference number.

Customers with an M reference will get the payment by 31 December 2018.

Customers with a U reference will need to follow the instructions on the letter to get the payment. They will then get the payment before 31 March 2019.

Thank you

Helena

Thank you Helena,

Useful to know! Yes, had letter and phoned as instructed a while back, but could not get further details as to payment date. I've received this every year for many years, same address, but was given a U (unmatched) reference. Oh well, seems like winter may be over before I get mine ....
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone and just a quick heads up about our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount scheme.

We’re planning to close the scheme to new applications on or around 31 January 2019.

After 18 January 19, customers won’t be able to ask for paper applications. Online applications will still be available until the official closure date. If anyone thinks they’re eligible and hasn’t applied please do so as soon as possible. Online is quickest.

All Broader Group (where customers need to apply) applications are handled on a first come, first served basis. Once we’ve reached our quota, we’ll close the scheme as above.

Most customers are likely to receive their payment within 3 months of their confirmation letter. The last payments will be made by 31 March 19.

Hope this is of interest. Please let me know if anyone needs more information as happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MarkComp
    Options
    I put a claim in last year about October and received a letter saying the DWP had not confirmed I was on appropriate benefit, I contacted EON who said I needed to send in my entitlement letter which I could not find. I have just had my letter for 2019/20 and wondered if that would be acceptabke but have lost the telephone no and email address of the Warm Home TEam i did ring a general no today and they said somebody would ring me back but I have not heard anything. I am just concerned because my letter said my application was now closed and with the 31st looming I was hoping to sor something.

Many Thanks
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    MarkComp wrote: »
    I put a claim in last year about October and received a letter saying the DWP had not confirmed I was on appropriate benefit, I contacted EON who said I needed to send in my entitlement letter which I could not find. I have just had my letter for 2019/20 and wondered if that would be acceptabke but have lost the telephone no and email address of the Warm Home TEam i did ring a general no today and they said somebody would ring me back but I have not heard anything. I am just concerned because my letter said my application was now closed and with the 31st looming I was hoping to sor something.

Many Thanks

Hello MarkComp and welcome to the Forums.

Are you applying for Warm Home Discount under the Core or Broader groups? If the Core Group, the DWP will write to you advising about eligibility and asking you to call them if there's a query. Is this the letter you received? Where there's no query, the DWP will let us know and you'll automatically receive the payment from us provided we supplied your electricity on the qualifying date of 8 July 19.

DWP letters have a reference number beginning with either a 'U' or 'M'. Customers receiving letters with a 'U' need to contact the DWP or they might miss out on the payment.

Core Group customers don't need to apply for Warm Home Discount; whereas; if you're in the Broader Group, you do need to apply. You can do this through our website.

If you're in the Broader Group and haven't applied, I'd recommend doing so as quickly as possible as we're looking to close the scheme very soon. There's more information about Warm Home Discount on our website.

Let me know if you need and more information MarkComp as happy to help.

Malc
    Options
    Hello everyone and just a quick heads up about our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount scheme.

We’re planning to close the scheme to new applications on or around 31 January 2019.

After 18 January 19, customers won’t be able to ask for paper applications. Online applications will still be available until the official closure date. If anyone thinks they’re eligible and hasn’t applied please do so as soon as possible. Online is quickest.

All Broader Group (where customers need to apply) applications are handled on a first come, first served basis. Once we’ve reached our quota, we’ll close the scheme as above.

Most customers are likely to receive their payment within 3 months of their confirmation letter. The last payments will be made by 31 March 19.

Hope this is of interest. Please let me know if anyone needs more information as happy to help.

Malc

Afternoon everyone and just to let you know, we closed our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount scheme at 10am yesterday, 11 March 19 and will no longer take applications.

We'll make payments to all successful applicants by Sunday, 31 March 19.

Customers can register their interest for the 2019/20 scheme online through our website now. Details haven't yet been finalised and we're looking to let those registering know more by the end of the summer.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure