Post Office phone and broadband

Options
Having problems with post office phone and broadband package.Problem started in april when i stopped getting a dial tone when i picked up the phone and when someone rings me i pick up the receiver and all i get instead of someone at the end of the phone is a different ringing tone then when i end the call the phone keeps on ringing. Contacted post office who said yes the problem is fixxed but its still the same now as it was.
Im paying £21 which incs weekend and evening calls the only thing that works is my broadband. I even bought a new phone thinking that was the problem and also borrowed other neighbours phones and its still the same. Have used MSE resolver but im getting nowhere any advice appreciated. My contact with poist office ends the 30 august .
A little grunt a little squeeze and out it comes like lemon cheese

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You could leave now .
    Move ISP and you will owe PO the balance of your contract .
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep ,as above

Find new supplier , sign up , they manage the switch.

Post office will send bill for outstanding amount
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    Dont go to Talk Talk as thats who supply your PO service .
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 July 2019 at 6:27PM
    Options
    Having problems with post office phone and broadband package.Problem started in april when i stopped getting a dial tone when i picked up the phone and when someone rings me i pick up the receiver and all i get instead of someone at the end of the phone is a different ringing tone then when i end the call the phone keeps on ringing. Contacted post office who said yes the problem is fixxed but its still the same now as it was.
    Im paying £21 which incs weekend and evening calls the only thing that works is my broadband. I even bought a new phone thinking that was the problem and also borrowed other neighbours phones and its still the same. Have used MSE resolver but im getting nowhere any advice appreciated. My contact with poist office ends the 30 august .

Chances are you have a ‘line’ fault, but presumably your provider either doesn’t know how to diagnose the problem, or is reluctant to get Openreach to investigate ...TBH, it’s probably an indication of how good your provider is.
    If it is a line problem, then if you do move to another provider the line problem would remain ( after all it’s the same line )
    You could insist the PO deal with your issue , including sending OR out if it’s a fault on what OR are responsible for, ( if your provider knows what they are doing it should be easy for them to tell , in conjunction with you, if the problem is on the line or not )....or move to another provider and if the issue remains, get the new provider to investigate the problem, perhaps they will be ‘better’ than the PO
  • archer123
    archer123 Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would advise that you avoid any dealings with PO Broadband, as they are TalkTalm and have a reputation for poor customer service. I would also avoid any links offered on Moneysavingexpert to offers made by BROADBAND GENIE as they DO NOT make the payment of the giftcard. See separate thrsad.
    They just make excuse after excuse.

Wish I had never changed. It really wasn't wrth the saving! Thanks MSE!
  • archer123
    Options
    PO Broadband still being promoted on MSE as the cheapest broadband offer, including the Amazon giftcard. MSE says this giftcard for £50 can be claimed, problem is the promoter, Broadband Genie DO NOT payup.

I've been waiting months, and they are still refusing to issue the giftcarx.

Be warned!
  • archer123
    Options
    Still no reply from Broadband Genie or PO Broadband ref failure to pay £50 Amazon giftcard.

Any ideas how to pursue those making rogue offers through MSE website??
  • Nuggy96
    Nuggy96 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    best way to get £50 from post office, is to sign up over the phone and they offer you £50 bill credit which is what i did
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure