Tsb - debit of usage fees

Options
I have been charged £6.00 debit of usage fee by TSB.

I can't see anywhere what this fee is or what it means?!

I am over drawn by 0.85p is it because of that? It's an account I very rarely use so just wondering!

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,457 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is it from a previous charging period?
    Life in the slow lane
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    RebekahR wrote: »
    I have been charged £6.00 debit of usage fee by TSB.

I can't see anywhere what this fee is or what it means?!

I am over drawn by 0.85p is it because of that? It's an account I very rarely use so just wondering!
    Yes, it'll be overdraft usage, https://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/overdrafts/ and https://www.tsb.co.uk/banking-charges-guide-1117.pdf both explain that there's a flat fee of £6 for exceeding your fee-free overdraft facility in any month on a Classic or Classic Plus account.
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    born_again wrote: »
    Is it from a previous charging period?

Yes. In 2017!

I went over drawn by about £300 for 6 days. Deposited and account balance was sitting at 0.00. Then got a charge of 78p or whatever it was. And in the same period that £6 on top?

I hadn't noticed this charge as I don't get statements by post :eek:
    Just had a random email at the beignning of the year though saying I was over drawn. And that would be because of their £6 charge. I thought everything had been cleared when I deposited and left at 0. (Forgot the interest mind!)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I am over drawn by 0.85p
    Yes. In 2017!

Can you clarify, are you overdrawn by 85p now?

Or has a £6 charge for going overdrawn in 2017 sent you overdrawn now by 85p?
  • RebekahR
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Yes, it'll be overdraft usage, https://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/overdrafts/ and https://www.tsb.co.uk/banking-charges-guide-1117.pdf both explain that there's a flat fee of £6 for exceeding your fee-free overdraft facility in any month on a Classic or Classic Plus account.

Is the charge for that month alone or will that charge be applied for every month after that as it has not yet been paid back?
  • RebekahR
    Options
    colsten wrote: »

I went -£300 - 6 days later or so I paid back the £300 putting me at 0.00. At this point I stopped using the account forgetting that I would get an over draft fee - DOH!!

In the same month after the 58p or whatever it is I then got the -£6 applied.

So I am now sitting at -6.58 having not used the account and only just signed back in from 2 years ago!
  • RebekahR
    Options
    colsten wrote: »

See below time line :-) Total now -£6.58 (or whatever the small chance was lol!)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I went -£300 - 6 days later or so I paid back the £300 putting me at 0.00. At this point I stopped using the account forgetting that I would get an over draft fee - DOH!!

In the same month after the 58p or whatever it is I then got the -£6 applied.

So I am now sitting at -6.58 having not used the account and only just signed back in from 2 years ago!
    what are the dates?

what are the recent transactions?
  • kmb500
    kmb500 Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i am with TSB and they charge £6 every time you use your overdraft in a month.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,457 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes. In 2017!

I went over drawn by about £300 for 6 days. Deposited and account balance was sitting at 0.00. Then got a charge of 78p or whatever it was. And in the same period that £6 on top?

I hadn't noticed this charge as I don't get statements by post :eek:
    Just had a random email at the beignning of the year though saying I was over drawn. And that would be because of their £6 charge. I thought everything had been cleared when I deposited and left at 0. (Forgot the interest mind!)

So you do n't check your account at all then :eek:
    Life in the slow lane
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family