Chinese Companies

Options
We are being inundated with Chinese Companies selling boots, clothes etc. which is fine except many of them are scam artists and the business policies all seem to be the same, rip off the customer!

I ordered some very nice boots from a company called Yeesone which turned out to be PP. VPCS, what ever that is. After six weeks and several e-mails I finally gave up and cancelled the order on October 16th. The boots were prepared and sent on the 23rd. October. I was informed that it was too late to cancel!!!!!!!

They arrived and were nothing like the advert and by this time Paypal were involved. They said I would be reimbursed but to return the boots to China with tracking and when they arrived I would get my money. I've learned since that returns are put into a warehouse and forgotten or tracking stops when they arrive in China. I thought Paypal was supposed to protect the consumer. Surely proof of postage should be sufficient? I've made two complaints about their customer service and I don't think they read English either.

The boots are various colours, red, yellow, green, blue and laced.Apparently leather and very comfortable!They range in price from 1p with high postage to £30. Guess which ones I bought!

Amazon has 43 sellers and I only got to page 31/400 when I ran out of steam.

BUYER DEFINITELY BEWARE!
Nancy 16 Membership No 147
BR 21st.May 2008.......Discharged November 2008
:j...so what?....... It's Life!

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Non UK laws and NO consumer protection its something that is well posted on here
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    Options
    While the ability to sell directly to customers is a boon to Chinese companies, the lack of consumer protection means that there are great risks in buying direct. Better to buy from a UK-based distributor who does have to comply with UK laws.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    Options
    Would you be happy if something did not arrive but the seller said well I have proof of postage so tough luck?

Probably not, you would expect a refund and tell the seller to claim from his courier as he employed them and they failed in that task.

If your parcel does not track chase your courier.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure