Good Sky deal?

Options
barrymung
barrymung Posts: 638 Forumite
edited 12 February 2019 at 4:11PM in Phones & TV
Unsubscribed from Sky TV a while back, but kept the broadband. Sadly, it went wrong and it has taken a month and a half to fix..

Anyway, have been getting lots of "Rejoin for £15" letters - this is for the entertainment pack. Having HD and Box sets would cost another £1 each, so £17 a month in total.

I have tried contacting Sky to see if they'll discount this further in light of the extensive broadband issues, which quite frankly put us off signing up for the telly again. They didn't even refund my money as per their speed guarantee!

Has anyone managed to get them to budge on their "come back" deals? I'd be happy if it were maybe £12 all in but £17 is more than I'm prepared to pay, considering all the hours on the phone getting the BB sorted. We still have our Sky+ HD box.

I offered £10+£1+£1 and they point blank refused. Is £12 too much (little?) to ask?

Comments

• venomx
    venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That’s a good deal in my opinion.
    I pay £32 for entertainment/hd/box sets ( sky q )
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That seems extremely cheap especially with the box sets and HD which are usually £5 each and Entertainment is currently up for a discounted £25/month - so £35 usual price.

If you want them I'd go for it, I doubt they will give you more than 50% off which is the offer you have.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    barrymung wrote: »
    Anyway, have been getting lots of "Rejoin for £15" letters - this is for the entertainment pack. Having HD and Box sets would cost another £1 each, so £17 a month in total.

That's a decent deal and is the one I'm aiming for as my rolling monthly contract runs out in May, £12 a month is unrealistic.
    kangoora wrote: »
    That seems extremely cheap especially with the box sets and HD which are usually £5 each and Entertainment is currently up for a discounted £25/month - so £35 usual price.

Perhaps I'm misreading your post but Entertainment is £25 a month with a rolling monthly contract or £22 for an 18 month deal.
  • micky2phones
    Options
    Hi, i get post from sky asking me back, the tv only for 11 pounds and box sets for 1 pound
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    That's a decent deal and is the one I'm aiming for as my rolling monthly contract runs out in May, £12 a month is unrealistic.

I would have said it was unrealistic too and was prepared to settle at £17 for Entertainment, HD and Box Sets.

However I was offered, and jumped at, £12 on the 7th March and didn't even get as far as cancelling.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    I would have said it was unrealistic too and was prepared to settle at £17 for Entertainment, HD and Box Sets.

However I was offered, and jumped at, £12 on the 7th March and didn't even get as far as cancelling.

£12 for Entertainment+HD+Boxsets? That is a good deal. I've only just entered the 2nd month before cancellation as I don't want to miss GoT so I've got plenty of time for something decent to come up.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    £12 for Entertainment+HD+Boxsets?

Yes - £10 for Entertainment and £1 each for HD and Boxsets. Still can't believe it but future bills show that's exactly what I'm getting.
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They just offered me £11 entertainment, £1 HD, £1 box sets,£1 kids, £17 sport. 12 month deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure