Fineco Bank multicurrencies account

Options

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If I read the fees correctly, I can have USD paid in to the USD account then convert it to GBP at pretty much the interbank rate?

If so then this seems like a winner for people who have shares bought and sold in USD but need to repatriate the cash?
  • N1ckS
    N1ckS Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it works best for smaller amounts. You might find for large transfers a forex site that charges a fixed fee but a rate even closer to the interbank rate is more economical. Having said that I've been impressed with the service so far and the app and website are excellent.
  • heathrow
    heathrow Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    If I read the fees correctly, I can have USD paid in to the USD account then convert it to GBP at pretty much the interbank rate?

If so then this seems like a winner for people who have shares bought and sold in USD but need to repatriate the cash?

Yes - it's the best way to do it. You'll still be hit with a correspondent bank fee on inbound transfers though. From HSBC UK to Fineco I get dinged for $25 on transfers in excess of $10k. Your mileage may vary. Also be aware you may get hit by your UK bank in connection with GBP transfers from Fineco. I've received money into my HSBC UK sterling account - can't see a fee but it may be billed at the end of the month.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I have recently opened up my Fineco account. Logged into the online banking first time but no card is showing

How long will it take for the card to show up on online banking?

Has anyone used the card to top up on starling or Monzo did it work fine?

Thanks
  • N1ckS
    Options
    I can't remember whether it showed before or after my card arrived but it didn't show when I initially logged in to online banking so it's nothing to worry about. The card arrives by DHL courier so I imagine it will be with you today/Monday.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

My card is showing on my online banking and on the app now.

Another question I transferred 1 pounds test payment from my Starling account to Fineco on Friday. It reached within a few hours.

I then transferred another payment around 1am on Saturday.To-date the money has not reached my Fineco account.

Account details was all saved on my Starling payment list. Has anyone had any issues making the payment over the wkend?

Thanks
  • N1ckS
    Options
    I made a payment out on the 9th which has only just gone through this morning so I think making a transaction on/over the weekend does make a difference.
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    I’ve applied for an account and got an email saying they’d ring me within 48 hours is this normal?
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’ve applied for an account and got an email saying they’d ring me within 48 hours is this normal?
    That's what they do. It will be from an 020 number, they only try once.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    That's what they do. It will be from an 020 number, they only try once.
    Cheers, what happens if the call is missed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback