possible problem Brexit

Options
Hi
I am going Spain beginning of April I arranged it all separately, Ryan air, AirBNB, car hire. I used my credit card however I was wondering if I would be able to claim any of it back via the CC if there are any problems due to no deal Brexit ? Should I get extra insurance I already have holiday insurance via Nat West with UK Insurance ? I spoke to someone who wasn't sure ?:j

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 March 2019 at 6:10PM
    Options
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Options
    What are you expecting to happen? Bearing in mind that flights will still operate and Spain will still need out tourist business and have said they will do nothing to stop British tourists.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kazz4662 wrote: »
    ..... if there are any problems due to no deal Brexit .........

there won't be.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I've got a sneaky feeling we will still be in the EU in April.
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    kazz4662 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am going Spain beginning of April I arranged it all separately, Ryan air, AirBNB, car hire. I used my credit card however I was wondering if I would be able to claim any of it back via the CC if there are any problems due to no deal Brexit ? Should I get extra insurance I already have holiday insurance via Nat West with UK Insurance ? I spoke to someone who wasn't sure ?:j

There will be no problems flying in and out of Spain because of Brexit. You'll be fine.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm surprised at the certainty in the posts above - no-one knows do they? I certainly don't think you can assume all will be as it is now.

For example an international driving licence may be needed (or a green card if you take your own car).
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the certainty in the posts above - no-one knows do they? I certainly don't think you can assume all will be as it is now.

For example an international driving licence may be needed (or a green card if you take your own car).

Surely that's where reciprocity will kick-in, ie. tit-for-tat. The EU make it difficult for the UK, so the UK makes it difficult for the EU......and we're all losers, except the Politicians who no doubt will have an exemption to do what they please.
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    martindow wrote: »

So you ring your ins co who issue it and rip you off for a few quid, you will just download and print off, not even waiting for it in the post like we had to do in the 90's
    The insurance companies are already set up for these although cost will vary depending on how much they feel they can get away with.
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport