I booked wrong airport OTB

Options
I've booked flight and apartment with OTB and was getting quoted for reus airport which is about 10 mins from the apartment. When I booked it was for Barcelona which is 2 hours away and going to cost us £300+ for transfers.

I've looked online and there are flights to reuse for £150. I've emailed OTB and asked about changing the flight but don't hold much hope. So what can I do?

Can I book the reus flight independantly and not get the original flight outgoing but I'd be happy to still get it as the return. (As it's late we could get a bus and have a day in Barcelona) or would easy jet cancel the return if I don't get on the outgoing?

It's our first ever holiday abroad and I messed up I'm a bit gutted. But don't mind spending the money on an extra flight out as it saves us transfer time and money. I just don't know if I'm allowed to do that.

Comments

• MiraculousM
    Options
    It is very much dependent on which airlines you will be flying with.

Some will not cancel the return and some will.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you're flying easyJet, there's no problem skipping the outbound flight. Book your new flight direct from the airline.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks. Should I just phone easy jet to let them know we won't be getting on the outbound flight but we will be getting on the return one?

It makes a big difference. Our holiday would be starting Sunday teatime instead of 2am Monday morning with 3 kids under 10 it would be a nightmare.
  • MiraculousM
    Options
    No you wont need to.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why is it going to cost you >£300 for transfers? The train from Barcelona Sants to Reus costs EUR9.55, there are also buses direct to Reus from BCN at EUR15.50 one way and EUR22 return.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Airlines are used to no shows. It's a fairly common occurrence.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Why is it going to cost you >£300 for transfers? The train from Barcelona Sants to Reus costs EUR9.55, there are also buses direct to Reus from BCN at EUR15.50 one way and EUR22 return.

Now multiply that by the number of people going, also add in the cost to get from the airport to Sants station on the train and multiply that by the number of people going. Also factor in the hassle of doing that with 3 kids under 10 and with luggage, and if it is even possible to do it if they land late in the day.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Airlines are used to no shows. It's a fairly common occurrence.

The issue is that a number of airlines will cancel the return if you don't take the outbound, it all depends whether tickets booked as a return or as two separate tickets.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Duckyduck
    Duckyduck Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Now multiply that by the number of people going, also add in the cost to get from the airport to Sants station on the train and multiply that by the number of people going. Also factor in the hassle of doing that with 3 kids under 10 and with luggage, and if it is even possible to do it if they land late in the day.

€15.50x5 is still less than £300 though... and the direct bus from Barcelona Airport to Salou is barely more hassle than finding a taxi.

OP, easyJet are really good about changing flight details, if they fly to Reus you should be able to change it for the price difference plus £17 per person per flight.
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Will easyjet deal direct with OP if she booked it through On The Beach?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure